Rain Closing

This isn’t the whole process is it? Is the first step BCM module 9 missing?
True. I omitted some "obvious" steps, just the main manu to select actual control module - the BCM (09 - Central Electrics). Apologies.
Just added a few more screenshots in the post above. Certainly before those the connection with the van needs to be established etc.

And, for the codings/adaptation OBDeleven is as capable as VCDS.

Is the first step BCM module 9 missing?
Sorry... misunderstood this - as the actual BCM coding is the "obvious" :geek: . My post was only about RLS submodule coding because it's usually not so clear how to access submodules. Updated the post again.
Thanks for bringing that up :thumbsup:

So I have done the Rain sensing mod and yes it works although I have a screen that was not on your original thread, see below.

I ticked the screen “Rain Closing-Not Active” in addition to what you stated then hey presto it worked and I love it.

Cheers @Robert and @mmi for your help.

I did my update via OBD11 should that make a difference.

96A3DE29-ADC0-4EEB-9BBB-519F36CC5C3A.jpeg

Mine is no longer working for some reason. Will hook up vcds and see if anything obvious.

• Wow
Reactions: mmi
Oh I will check mine once I have my battery connected back up.

my coding is still correct but no longer works, tested and worked once but since then nothing...

So I have done the Rain sensing mod and yes it works although I have a screen that was not on your original thread, see below.

I ticked the screen “Rain Closing-Not Active” in addition to what you stated then hey presto it worked and I love it.

View attachment 97448

Looking to code mine via OBD11. So is the above Rain Closing tick the only thing required for long coding and do you also have to do the RLS setting in the subsystem?

Quick update: I had to undo these changes after the fault returned. This fault also caused the auto lights to fail. :geek: Strangely the lights worked once I switched the wipers on.
I'm wondering if this has anything to do with me unplugging the auto dip sensor after replacing the OEM rearview mirror with an autovox rearview camera unit.
Would love the rain closing feature but I can't be doing with the auto lights fault.
If anyone has any ideas I'm happy to test.

Quick update: I had to undo these changes after the fault returned. This fault also caused the auto lights to fail. :geek: Strangely the lights worked once I switched the wipers on.
I'm wondering if this has anything to do with me unplugging the auto dip sensor after replacing the OEM rearview mirror with an autovox rearview camera unit.
Would love the rain closing feature but I can't be doing with the auto lights fault.
If anyone has any ideas I'm happy to test.
Hello, i have same issues like you, used the app in obdeleven for rain sensor closing window, and after that i get foult code 01520 rain and light recognition sensor.
But I can't get it work again.
How did you get the light and rain sensor to work again?
Thanks -Timo

Hi @T12. I ended up disabling rain closing via OBD11 'cause it kept faulting but even that wasn't straight forward. Once you have the error you can't undo the rain closing via OBD11 so you have to uplug the sensor in the mirror then plug it back in to clear the code and only then can you go back into OBD11 and disable rain closing.
Unplugging and plugging in the sensor fixed rain closing for a day or 2 but then the error would eventually come back.
If you find an alternative solution to get it working error free then please let me (us!) know.

Hi @T12. I ended up disabling rain closing via OBD11 'cause it kept faulting but even that wasn't straight forward. Once you have the error you can't undo the rain closing via OBD11 so you have to uplug the sensor in the mirror then plug it back in to clear the code and only then can you go back into OBD11 and disable rain closing.
Unplugging and plugging in the sensor fixed rain closing for a day or 2 but then the error would eventually come back.
If you find an alternative solution to get it working error free then please let me (us!) know.
Ok, next question, were/what is the easy way to disconnect the sensor, are there some fuse that can disconnect it, or is it the cable somewhere ner mirror.

I opened the cowling around the mirror to get to the sensor plug inside.
Thanks for the help, i got the sensor to work, now the light and wiper automatic are working. But I will not try to get the automatic window closing in rain to work.
For me is the light/wiper very important.

Back