Radio Station Logos.

Thanks guys I will try again.
The funny thing is though I have had the logos logos I’ve manually added display in the station info. But then when I switched the head unit off and back on after a minute, the logos would not reappear again in the station info.

@Big.mac @Loz
So you think it’s only down to a size format that’s causing the problem? Also the link to the logos is the same as on the VW.de website for download and I tried the Kisstory one off there
I think I’m having the same issue. It all worked fine earlier, I just jumped in the van to do some shopping and no logos in station info or slide show ☹️

@Big.mac Have you tried the radio station database update I mentioned in a earlier post? Your missing logos may be in that. Also I’ve noticed in my wife’s new Ford Focus that the Capital and Kisstory logos are missing too. I suspect Ford and VW may share a similar database for their logos

@Big.mac Have you tried the radio station database update I mentioned in a earlier post? Your missing logos may be in that. Also I’ve noticed in my wife’s new Ford Focus that the Capital and Kisstory logos are missing too. I suspect Ford and VW may share a similar database for their logos
Yep, I updated to the latest version. I can’t see any difference TBH. It was a slightly later version but none of the logos I was after have been added.

@Loz is yours working as it should? Did the logos remain for the slide show view after a power off and back on? Wondering what is different about yours or how you did it....

@Big.mac Dud you press and hold the preset to save the channel again? As if the logo is there in the memory from the software update, then that is the way it is enabled

@Big.mac Dud you press and hold the preset to save the channel again? As if the logo is there in the memory from the software update, then that is the way it is enabled
Yeah I tried that. In fact I deleted all my presets and started from scratch. No difference :(
The default installed ones all work fine (e.g. BBC, Virgin). Any I install work fine on the presets list and initially show in the station info and slideshow views, however, as soon as the radio is fully powered off (to the point it tells you to remember your phone), then the ones I have installed will only show in presets list, not in the other views.
Has anyone cracked this?

Just been messing about trying to update the station logos on my standard audio system... I guess there is isn't an option to do it on that system?

I changed my basic composition colour for a Kenwood 8180 dabs and expected it to show station logos . No joy
Emailed Kenwood and they confirmed that very few stations broadcast the artwork. I have scoured the internet to try find out about DAB logos being transmitted. They don’t, not yet !
Did you manage to find instruction how to add the icons to a Kenwood?

I think the images are fairly easy to get, but quick google hasn't shown guidance how to install them.

No , nothing . I spoke to Kenwood technical and they said you can’t get the logos on there . A bit pointless having a window on the Dab screen really ! A very outdated display I think and not cheap either .
My Kenwood is now playing up also, only finds a handful of Dab stations, no BBC stations either , very strange .
I need to investigate. If it didn’t have sat Nav I would bin it off I think !

Ok - explains why I can't find anything online about it.
So far I'm very happy with mine - massive upgrade on the RNS315 from 2012 I had before.
DAB stations are giving better signal than FM for me on my commute.
Fingers crossed it stays that way.

No , nothing . I spoke to Kenwood technical and they said you can’t get the logos on there . A bit pointless having a window on the Dab screen really ! A very outdated display I think and not cheap either .
My Kenwood is now playing up also, only finds a handful of Dab stations, no BBC stations either , very strange .
I need to investigate. If it didn’t have sat Nav I would bin it off I think !
It may be the led bulbs/drls or usb powered devices you may have, all of these can affect reception..

I know it was asked about a year back, but just wondered if anyone found a way of doing this on the standard head. My 21 t6.1 doesn’t appear to have the logo option in set up.

Attachments

• 222FCA0B-03E0-4B04-8CCE-319E1C85CA4A.jpeg
    222FCA0B-03E0-4B04-8CCE-319E1C85CA4A.jpeg
    99.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 1D701838-6AAE-49EA-846B-DD2740241AAD.jpeg
    1D701838-6AAE-49EA-846B-DD2740241AAD.jpeg
    98.9 KB · Views: 15
Thought I'd try to fill some of the missing radio logos in DAB and FM.

Downloaded the latest set from T6Forum and VW and merged the two but still had gaps. Googled it hoping to find something with all of them but nothing seemed to have a full up to date logos.

I did find this site that lets you search and download VW friendly logos!

Radio in the UK - contacts, people and jobs
Found this site aswell but I can't put them on the media system the way it says as there is no setup option?
Also found someone on utube installing missing logos another way.
Again my unit won't allow this.
I have the discover media pro in a t 6.1
Does anyone else have away of installing missing radio logos???
Thanks

Back