Radio problem

Ricardo274

Retired Firefighter
I have a VW kombi T6 2019. Today when I used the vehicle the radio played for 20 seconds then went silent. The station still shows on the screen but no service. I also tried with DAB and still no sound, I pulled over turned ignition off removed keys and restarted after 2 mins but same thing happened it played for 20 seconds then the sound goes. Does anyone have any ideas of cause.
Regards
Ricky

I have a VW kombi T6 2019. Today when I used the vehicle the radio played for 20 seconds then went silent. The station still shows on the screen but no service. I also tried with DAB and still no sound, I pulled over turned ignition off removed keys and restarted after 2 mins but same thing happened it played for 20 seconds then the sound goes. Does anyone have any ideas of cause.
Regards
Ricky
An absolute longshot……it’s takes about that time after turning on to connect by Bluetooth to your mobile phone (assuming you have your phone connected for hands free) it isn’t playing up at this stage is it?

Haven’t done anything and the radio and all stations are playing fine now,it seems to have corrected itself and everything is working fine again, thanks for the posts.

Haven’t done anything and the radio and all stations are playing fine now,it seems to have corrected itself and everything is working fine again, thanks for the posts.
Today’s headunit are verging on computers. So the scope for things to go wrong and cause it to crash are greater. Probably like what happened to your headunit.

Assuming yours is OEM, if you find it does this again you can perform a soft reset but holding down the power button for around 20 seconds, which forces it to reboot. This solves the problem I have on mine where it fails to retain a hotspot tether to my phone.

This may be something to consider…but a short while ago we all had to retune our TV’s due to band changes..Prior to this my setup was working great in all area’s of the country ( Radio DAB) but now as I drive around I find some areas have flat spots regarding reception …A14 being the worst…Even the wife’s iPhone keeps dropping calls …Is it the sudden rise of Wind turbines or that the band widths are squashed up for 4/5g and the Boffins didn’t get it right…Using a Kenwood which has been fantastic until it seems outside force have changed things….they call it progress…Is It ? :rolleyes:

Similar happened to mine a while back did a soft reset as above and has been fine since.

Back