Radio Not Turning Off

cbrblade

T6 Pro
Hi all just bought a 2016 t6 with a kenwood 7018 dabs radio is there a reason why it doesn't turn off when key is removed ,tried using a piggyback fuse which shut it off , then when i switch it on again it needs setting up again ie all stations not stored etc

Isn't that the old skool red/yellow cable needs swapping over.. lol..

On a serious note, sounds like the 12v perm feed is missing/connected to an ignition feed for the memory. (Ignition feed is normally one of the center line fuses on the SC fusebox?)

I last used a CAN bus adapter to generate an ignition feed on my T5.1 with a Kenwood nav unit..

@Absolut5
@travelvolts

Any suggestions?

Ok, you need to check and test the 2 power feeds.

Make sure you have a good +12v permanent.

A good +12v ignition feed.

A good ground.

Test with a multimeter.

Lets start there.

Hi all just bought a 2016 t6 with a kenwood 7018 dabs radio is there a reason why it doesn't turn off when key is removed ,tried using a piggyback fuse which shut it off , then when i switch it on again it needs setting up again ie all stations not stored etc

Pull the radio out and take a couple pictures and post them up or pm them to me

This the a regular issue on the T5 as owners were buying cheap adapters, but yet to hear of this on aT6 as the loom is different

As mentioned every one fits CanBus adapters to the T6, so you shouldn’t have a issue.. but there is always one who messes with the wiring

Pull the radio out and take a couple pictures and post them up or pm them to me

This the a regular issue on the T5 as owners were buying cheap adapters, but yet to hear of this on aT6 as the loom is different

As mentioned every one fits CanBus adapters to the T6, so you shouldn’t have a issue.. but there is always one who messes with the wiring
cheers mate ill send a pic tomorrow

That’s such a mess, when it’s so easy to do.

The circled black plug is for a CanBus box..which is missing. The beige plug is for the usb

The black lead looks like the Oe dab aerial

The cage in the dash is wrong as it’s not needed when done correctly

Can I please sell you the correct parts to sort this out?

Pm me if you like

That’s such a mess, when it’s so easy to do.

The circled black plug is for a CanBus box..which is missing. The beige plug is for the usb

The black lead looks like the Oe dab aerial

The cage in the dash is wrong as it’s not needed when done correctly

Can I please sell you the correct parts to sort this out?

Pm me if you like
messaged you mate

lol - "The circled black plug is for a CanBus box..which is missing."

That`ll be the problem lady !!!! - (a SMA expression from YouTube chanel : South Maine Auto mechanics)

Back