Radar Stolen - what are my options

JezzaG

Hi there, it Looks like there are a number of very clever people lurking in this part of the forum. Hopefully someone can give me a steer.

A little while ago some little scrote stole the radar off the front of my T6, it was just the basic control and I didn’t get any errors so I just ignore it which had been fine. However, during a trip to my local garage they disconnected the battery whilst changing the gearbox oil and now there are ACC error messages and a warning on the screen all the time.

What are my options, can it be deactivated (Christa/VCMS)? Or am I going to have to replace it (not a cheap option) or live with it.

Thanks in advance for any help

You could buy second hand radar( approximately £50), reinstall it yourself and then bring your van to VW for FEC and Component Protection restore service.

You could buy second hand radar( approximately £50), reinstall it yourself and then bring your van to VW for FEC and Component Protection restore service.
Thanks, I’ll have a look around, eBay want £120 for the sensor and a similar amount for the fitting kit and cables. I’m waiting to hear back from a couple of breakers

Not sure about radar systems, as they are relatively new, but safety systems have to work correctly to pass an MOT. AFAIK, any faults showing in the dash is a fail.

Back