Ququq Busbox.

mackmaya

Hi all, has anyone got any experience or actually owns a ququq busbox? Just seen them at a show and was very impressed just another option opposed to a full camper, cheers

Looks very good though, interested to find some reviews about it.
There's a few online mostly German though, we saw them at Exeter yesterday, really impressed with build quality etc ( it's German) the busbox for a t6 with compressor cool box built in and a couple of other bits comes in close to 3500k, not the cheapest but when we are considering spending 11 grand on a day van with no cooker or water it's not bad...

Very impractical for people intending to use their camper/day van conversion for actual camping and overnight trips, just fit a removable Vangear pod or similar inside and the jobs done.

If you aren't going to use your conversion in the UK at any time of year, or really like the rain and cold, love standing outside in your pyjamas to boil a kettle first thing
in the morning or rinse a dish/cup/pot before dashing back inside to avoid getting wet then it's for you.

When I started planning my camper I thought I wanted a Slidepod, when I saw what a nightmare it was on anything but dry days with no wind and temperatures above 10 degrees I got a pod.

Fair point, you can get awning to cover the tailgate though. Also, I go camping to be outdoors; a bit of wind and rain never hurt anybody! All boils down to what you want from your van I suppose.

Fair point, you can get awning to cover the tailgate though. Also, I go camping to be outdoors; a bit of wind and rain never hurt anybody! All boils down to what you want from your van I suppose.
I guess it does but Slidepods and QuQoq never show their products advertised in a bit of wind and rain for a reason, all the shots are on lovely days with a couple of chairs out.......at well below zero in the Pyrenees during a hail and snow storm I was happy to have a cuppa with the heating on watching the view:)

Very impractical for people intending to use their camper/day van conversion for actual camping and overnight trips, just fit a removable Vangear pod or similar inside and the jobs done.

If you aren't going to use your conversion in the UK at any time of year, or really like the rain and cold, love standing outside in your pyjamas to boil a kettle first thing
in the morning or rinse a dish/cup/pot before dashing back inside to avoid getting wet then it's for you.

When I started planning my camper I thought I wanted a Slidepod, when I saw what a nightmare it was on anything but dry days with no wind and temperatures above 10 degrees I got a pod.
Good points, we are planning to have a reamo multi rail and get a vango air beams cove drive away, so if it's bad weather will be cooking in that as the twin burner is portable , plus even with a full blown camper we would still be cooking out side with bbq's etc. Just love the fact I will be able to keep my kombi seating and just put it in and out whenever...eact to there own...

I guess it does but Slidepods and QuQoq never show their products advertised in a bit of wind and rain for a reason, all the shots are on lovely days with a couple of chairs out.......at well below zero in the Pyrenees during a hail and snow storm I was happy to have a cuppa with the heating on watching the view:)

In that case I can definitely see your point, however I usually camp in summer in the UK or Southern Europe in spring and autumn. The van comes with us with tents or the trailer tent. We cook on gas, bbq or open fires so not too worried about snow and freezing temperatures!

We have a busbox and so far are very pleased with it, the bed folds in and out easily and is very comfortable.

As to the cooking outdoors part, that’s up to you really. We use it for a quick cup of tea or bacon sandwich, if it’s really wet or windy we move the cooker under our railsail or into the awning or somewhere else out of the wind.

We also have a reimo tailgate awning that Protects the area in bad weather, saying that we haven’t wanted to use it as yet as we tend to cook elsewhere. (We are in Whitby at the moment so have seen plenty of rain and bad weather this week).

The best part for me is it fits behind the std Kombi seats maintaining the factory fitted seats (which the grandchildren use), if we are away the second row of seats folds flat and the bed simply unfolds over the top of the folded seat. Also it just a lifts out and turns our van back into a Kombi if we need a proper van.

I’m told that 2nd hand values are really strong if you want to move it on.

I’ll take some pics when it stops raining...

That being said, it’s got us talking which is a rule of marketing so maybe they have got it right..

Their advertising is what marketers call 'theater', a bit like the general con that is snow foam, ceramic coating and every alcohol/tobacco/perfume advert ever produced.

We have a busbox and so far are very pleased with it, the bed folds in and out easily and is very comfortable.

As to the cooking outdoors part, that’s up to you really. We use it for a quick cup of tea or bacon sandwich, if it’s really wet or windy we move the cooker under our railsail or into the awning or somewhere else out of the wind.

We also have a reimo tailgate awning that Protects the area in bad weather, saying that we haven’t wanted to use it as yet as we tend to cook elsewhere. (We are in Whitby at the moment so have seen plenty of rain and bad weather this week).

The best part for me is it fits behind the std Kombi seats maintaining the factory fitted seats (which the grandchildren use), if we are away the second row of seats folds flat and the bed simply unfolds over the top of the folded seat. Also it just a lifts out and turns our van back into a Kombi if we need a proper van.

I’m told that 2nd hand values are really strong if you want to move it on.

I’ll take some pics when it stops raining...
Hi daffy. Thanks for reply and mini review glad to know they work well, can't wait to order our's, a great and verciltile bit of kit, bacicly a kombi/camper

An as promised some pics, some are shown with a blue fitted bedsheet and the brown ones are as they come.

The last one shows the Kombi rear seat folded with the bed out.

2C419073-7AE9-4942-BA52-B28B55B5613F.jpeg 3C0E3518-61D0-42EC-8D18-80BAD7D29F77.jpeg 290AD608-4210-4003-90D3-D5BE65D11C0A.jpeg 1292F650-4A19-442E-ADA0-6BDA7E15F703.jpeg

Various shots from the rear, showing the cooker slider and central slider out, the central one is designed for a fridge but we use it for storage with the IKEA boxes that you see. The fridge is shown in the van in one of the photos above.

Also note the room with the altera bike rack tilted away.

We are really pleased with ours and might go for a rib seat in the future but not until we don’t need the versatility of being able to turn it into a van quickly and easily.

C6DED2BB-C87E-4E4D-9588-2851772D71E8.jpeg 17403D1C-F04A-4DB6-B302-B8A578AF7B90.jpeg 5239725F-4615-4691-9AF8-A66F82A41FF6.jpeg

Back