Puddle lights: mirror or doorcard?

Mirror as they light up when getting back to your van before you open the door. Door mounted are only useful when getting out. Also more OEM fitment

Bottom of door card means you don’t get them when approaching the van, only when exiting. The best combination is puddle lights under door mirrors and red lights on the rear of the door cards, visible from behind when door is open.

Actually tell a lie, mine are not fitted at all at the moment after replacing all the plastics that had been cracked. Haven’t missed them so far but I bet I will soon!

Mine are on the bits that don’t move too, firstly because my mirrors don’t fold and secondly because they are in the garage waiting for me to finish installing the indicators!

i didn’t think there was room to fit them on the wing mirror mount. Do you have any photos of them?

Forgive my ignorance, but what are puddle lights?
They are lights which are generally under the mirrors that come on when unlocking the vehicle or with the coming/leaving home function. There purpose is to errrrr, light up puddles.

Mine are on the bits that don’t move too, firstly because my mirrors don’t fold and secondly because they are in the garage waiting for me to finish installing the indicators!

i didn’t think there was room to fit them on the wing mirror mount. Do you have any photos of them?
There is, but you need small LEDs. I’ll take some pics when I redo them and my cameras but I’m in the middle of a bathroom refit at the moment. I couldn’t have them in the moving part of the mirror trim as that’s where the down facing cameras for my 360 system go.

Suppose you could also put puddle lights in side bars if you have them, though I don’t like the look of them personally c

Wing mirror mounted or bottom of door card?

Oppinions?
Both. You’re taking the door-card off to feed the cable through, so you may as well add another LED.
The door-card LED lights the section that the mirror LEDs miss (for those alighting).

Back