Problems with aftermarket reverse camera...

Here is my confusion. Tonight I have stripped the radio out. I have 2 reverse cables see pics.

One on the pioneer stereo is purple and white. One on the @Absolut5 conversion kit is all putple. Not sure if these two should be connected together? I am thinking they probably do. Then I have a third cable which I have connected to the green and black cable in the passenger b pillar..

image.jpg

image.jpg

Yes connect the two purple wires together. That's the reverse signal so that when you select reverse the headunit will switch to the camera view

Connect the purple wire from this harness to the purple/white of the headunit...

Then all you need is join the cameras red and black wire to the headunits loom... job done

Disconnect the green/black as this black box tells the headunit it to flip over

Thanks, and what about the other wire in the passenger b pillar, the black and green? What does that connnect to? The same 2 purple wires ( 3 way connection in total?)

Sorry just read what you said again. Will disconnect that one then.

Should the black box have anything plugged in to the other end? It only has one end connected at the moment

Hi
I've fitted a pioneer avic f88, and just fitted the reverse camera.
In simple terms how do I get it to come on when reverse is selected, and how can I flip the image.
It's currently wired to positive and negative head unit connections with the jack connected.
Should the reverse function work through canbus?

Hi
I've fitted a pioneer avic f88, and just fitted the reverse camera.
In simple terms how do I get it to come on when reverse is selected, and how can I flip the image.
It's currently wired to positive and negative head unit connections with the jack connected.
Should the reverse function work through canbus?

The Pioneer's purple/white wire needs connecting to the reverse wire (green/black) or if you have the correct interface, then this should have this function built in.. which just needs connecting...

Then go to settings and switch it on

Back