problem with seatbelt alarm

slimsurf

VIP Member
Hi anyone can help answer this I would be grateful

I have just bought and installed 2 new captains seats for my Kombi t6 they came from egoist van off Ebay and appear to be in perfect condition (hence my advert selling my 2 seats).

The new ones are on factory swivels and are heated which my original ones weren't. swapping them in was pretty simple and their was a wire from the base of the original seat which I presume is to the seat belt - I reconnected this on the new seat.

My problem is that now the seatbelt alarm goes off all the time.

- is it a faulty seat ?
- is it something about it now being a heated seat (I was planning to retrofit heated seat controls at some point but at the mo that connector is just dangling

I am a bit lost the easy answer is just disconnect it and the alarm stops but would prefer to know why

Any help appreciated

IMG_8021.jpg

Beginning to think I might be a bit mistaken are both these leads for the heated seat ? I presumed one was for the seat belt

Beginning to think I might be a bit mistaken are both these leads for the heated seat ? I presumed one was for the seat belt
I was thinking that as I read your first post.
I take it you’ve since swapped them and tried driving it to see if it silences the alarm?

neither seem to work maybe they are both for the heated seats I'll have to have a proper look at the buckle anchor to see if a wire is attached to that at all

If the seats you've got came from a T5 the buckle won't be wired. Have they got a solid bar across the front to release the forward to back sliding mechanism, or a sticky-out handle?

Then they are normally wired but not to say someone didn't previously replace it with a non-wired version. You can usually see the wire if you peer down the side of the buckle, it's cable tied onto the stem

Thanks so much I now have a wired buckle to attach -- I think both those wires were in fact for the heated seats

Back