Private T6 reg plate

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Blitz, 28 Jan 2018.

?

Will I look like a Prat?

1. Yes, remember your roots

8 vote(s)
    16.3%
  2. No, aspire to rise above your station

41 vote(s)
    83.7%
  1. Blitz

Blitz Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    I know a few of you have private plates but i have seen some of your lovely abodes on the pictures.
    Bit of fun really but I fancy a T6 pre fix plate like T6 VCT
    I however live in an ex council house in the middle of a council estate in downmarket Rotherham. Will I look like a pretentious middle class wannabe prat?

spook and Lukavell like this.
  2. Davenjo

Davenjo Senior Member Moderator VIP Member T6 Legend

For me It’s not about “rising above” it’s about making your van ageless. Mine is a camper that I intend keeping for a lot of years.

3. Dieseldonkey

Dieseldonkey 150 DSG Shuttle Conversion VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    Thats the thing. Whether your a Jesus sandal wearing lefty tree hugging hippy or a high flying Thatcher loving business exec. There's a Transporter for you and everyone in between. Classless or one for all classes.

If the plate means something or is personal to you, then who cares what the neighbours think. I've never had a personal plate before I got the T6. Mrs Donkey got me it for xmas. Everytime I see it, it puts a smile on my face. In this day and age when smiles can be hard to come by, that makes it priceless.

M1TCH, richi, Vinci and 2 others like this.
  4. Ed Webb

Ed Webb Webber VCDS User Moderator VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    For me my plate was a gift from my parents on my 18th birthday. I like that it's personal to me and removes the age from my van.
    With plates starting at around £250 they aren't as middle-class as they potentially used to be.
    I say go for it.

Fish and Vinci like this.
  5. Tourershine

Tourershine Senior Citizen VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    My wife got me my plate for 5 years in business, hence the plate T60 RER. It's been on all my work vans and wouldn't look right without it.

Personally I love a good number plate. My MH is a Pilote and that's got P31 OTE and that cost less than £200. Not many people actually notice these plates, which I actually prefer, but those that do like them. Either way, they're mine and I'm happy with them.

6. Alan Croft

Alan Croft Senior Member VIP Member T6 Pro

Map
    Mine is nothing to do with the van.

If you want one go for it :thumbsup:

7. Lord Mfwic

Lord Mfwic Senior Member VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    It could make your van look older to the other residents which in turn might draw less attention from potential jealousy scratches.

8. Vinci

Vinci Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    Always fancied one, and my T6 related personal plate was £175 ..... And like @Dieseldonkey, it makes me smile, and makes the van ageless, as said before.

9. JaySal

JaySal Senior Member VIP Member T6 Pro

Map
    I've got one on retention just because I didnt want anyone knowing it was me after living in similar environment to Blitz. The way the van is now though with the 2 tone means its easily recognisable so im popping it on as soon as the holder arrives for it. All id say is get something related to the person not the vehicle unless you are keeping it forever.

10. Chrisfraser05

Chrisfraser05 Senior Member VIP Member T6 Legend

I'm not voting for either option

11. Loz

Loz California 204 DSG 4Motion MY17 VCDS User Admin Moderator VIP Member

Map
    I see mine as an accessory.

12. Blitz

Map
    Did look but I can’t find anything related to my name etc without paying silly money. I think I’ll have the T6 for a while in order to get my moneys worth out of the mods. I’m adding thousands to it but know in reality I’m not going to get most of that back on resale

13. YellowHound

YellowHound Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

If it pleases you then go for it.
    I have K9 YHP - My business is Yellow Hound Photography and I 'shoot' a lot of dogs.

richi, JaySal, Vinci and 2 others like this.
  14. Blitz

Map
    I have Dogs :whistle::whistle::whistle:

YellowHound likes this.
  15. Roadrunner

Roadrunner Grape Yellow Beach VIP Member T6 Legend

Does it have to be your name part of my plate has BLL on it and cost me 250. We had one Suzuki Swift 4x4 which had S44WFT on it sold it with the plate, In should have kept the car for myself. Loved the thing

16. Insert Coin

Insert Coin Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    I've was looking for T32 SRW to go on my van when it arrives, could only get T31 or T33 :mad:

Russ74 likes this.
  17. Bryan1971

Bryan1971 Senior Member VIP Member T6 Pro

Map
    Same here i had to go for T33 NRG

Insert Coin likes this.
  18. Bryan1971

Map
    Maybe they bring out a T33 next year ;)

Insert Coin likes this.
  19. Bryan1971

Map
    Go for it Blitz, who cares what others think, i don't

richi likes this.
  20. PukkaT6

PukkaT6 Senior Member VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    There are so many options, you just need to use your imagination.

1AAAEEF2-E169-4155-9261-E71051F080B0.jpeg

330147E8-B113-4FC4-848B-5F9554F03F50.jpeg

Tourershine likes this.