Private plate swap over

We’ve seen the batmobile…..now it’s the Devilmobile ( aka 666 ) ……:laugh::laugh::laugh:

7A00E1B9-BA35-4AEC-AF0F-156C0A05F8D3.jpeg
sorry.. only joking ….it’s does look cool :cool:

DVLA were closed when I contacted, but will be open again on Monday.
Hopefully you can get it sorted mate and common sense will prevail. As you say you’d naturally assume that something you’ve previously purchased would be yours until you decide otherwise…. and their system would allow you to put it on retention retrospectively.

may i be so bold as to say that i Like your other Plate better?

You know me mate, rarely offended by opinions that aren't mine or my wife's.

And no: I have no intention of going on air. I have enough trouble stringing a sentence together, let alone fixing compressors and bags.
Mechanical all the way on my work wagon.

You know me mate, rarely offended by opinions that aren't mine or my wife's.

And no: I have no intention of going on air. I have enough trouble stringing a sentence together, let alone fixing compressors and bags.
Mechanical all the way on my work wagon.
I would have thought you are low enough to get in the LDT by now?

I've no idea. I know loads of the guys through Instagram, but I'm happy being part of the T6F gang.
Me too, I've been on a few of their meets, you could do both, although you will find that the lowdown crew (with a few exceptions) aren't as nice as the T6F lots and its a different atmosphere.

If you speak to dvla, I wonder what plate would go back on if T666 was removed - probably the original but worth asking!

@Tourershine i'm sure you'll already know but...

"T60 UER" is available for £166?
as is "T600 RER" (for £166 again)

There's loads available that would work, but my old one had sentiment because I'd owned it so long. Hopefully I will be able to get it back at some point.

I checked with a mate in the motor trade who ‘thinks’ you original private plate will go back on the van when/if you take the new one off, but the original private plate is then stuck on the van and cannot be transferred.

Let us know how you get on with DVLA.

I don't think that's the case. You need to put a registration number onto retention if you want to keep it, whether it's a cherished one or not. The retention fee also includes the transfer onto another vehicle within the 10 year retention certificate time.

When a plate is removed from a vehicle, it will have either it's original age related plate reassigned to it, or if that is no longer available, any old age related plate. Not a previous cherished one.

Hopefully you'll be able to get your old number back, just costing you the retention fee.

Back