Pressure washer advice

Alan Croft

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi all,

Been using my cheap and nasty power washer which hasn't a huge power output and was looking at something a little better. Argos have a nilfisk c120 at £99 and a nilfisk c125 at £139. Just wondered if anyone had used one of these and if they are any good. Was going to get a snowfoam lance as well so can keep the bodywork in the best condition possible. Cheers for any advice guys.

Cheers Alan

I have a slightly heavier duty E140 and it's great; well made and powerful.
Unless you are spending crazy money on a Kranzle, Nilfisk is the way forwards.

Autbrite do a good heavy duty snowfoam Lance; again very good.

Get a quality Karcher at ordinary prices.
Karcher's own outlet store

LINKY

Bought my K2 a while back from them, no packaging and it had been a returned item, but it was checked over by Karcher and only cost about half the price.

Last edited:
Are you using the pressure washer to clean off stubborn mud or for cleaning the bus reguarly?

Aiming to use it to clean fairly regularily but also do the patio to earn some brownie points

I'd personally recommend that the bus gets a really good one off clean and wax once or twice a year. Snow foam, rinse, wash with a decent hp balanced shampoo like meguiars gold, claybar and then a wax. If you use a power washer after this treatment you're just going to remove what's been added. Use a hose and shampoo with wax added it'll be easier to keep clean.

I've got a Karcher K5 and an autobrite snow foam lance which works well, I use the advanced neutral snow foam.

Hmmm I disagree @Tombs

If the van (or cars) have a lot of dirt on them, blast it off with a pressure washer after snow foaming. Try washing it off with a mitt and no blasting and you're going to be rubbing abrasive muck into the paint.

I snow foam/pressure wash when it's really dirty, just a two bucket wash when it's not too bad. But keep the paint wet at all times when cleaning it.

Decent wax/sealant will easily stay on after a pressure wash and wheels are much easier with one too.

Nilfisks all have a proper metal motor rather than plastic that many Karchers use and they last ages. Mine has two fittings, one for car blasting, the other for patios. Both work well.

Hmmm I disagree @Tombs

If the van (or cars) have a lot of dirt on them, blast it off with a pressure washer after snow foaming. Try washing it off with a mitt and no blasting and you're going to be rubbing abrasive muck into the paint.

I snow foam/pressure wash when it's really dirty, just a two bucket wash when it's not too bad. But keep the paint wet at all times when cleaning it.

Decent wax/sealant will easily stay on after a pressure wash and wheels are much easier with one too.

Nilfisks all have a proper metal motor rather than plastic that many Karchers use and they last ages. Mine has two fittings, one for car blasting, the other for patios. Both work well.
That's why I asked if he was going to be cleaning off stubborn mud etc. There's no need for any of that if it's just a general clean, all you'll be doing is removing the wax layers and effort you've put in on applying it previously. Don't take my word for it, speak to Dodo, Meguiars etc.

Wax doesn't form "in layers" it's just there.
I get many months of decent beading off my wax/sealant on my van (it's a van not a bus) and cars with pressure washing.

As do most detailers.

Wax doesn't form "in layers" it's just there.
I get many months of decent beading off my wax/sealant on my van (it's a van not a bus) and cars with pressure washing.

As do most detailers.
As do I on my vehicles. Just trying to point out that a jet wash isnt always necessary (think we've agreed on that) and that by doing so you can and could remove the effort you have put in before hand. Edited to say, its also about the products you use as youve rightly pointed out and how the products and washing process is applied. Not everyone gets it right.

Last edited:
Back