Power Wing Mirror Damage!

Rob.P

VIP Member
So I parked my van for the first time in a town last night for a couple of hours while I met some friends and just noticed my passenger wing mirror isn’t working as it should. On closer inspection it looks like someone has had a go at it. Does anyone know if it can be pushed back in? It doesn’t seem to want to go and I don’t want to damage it further. Not sure if the metal ring that you can see has been bent or whether it’s supposed to be like that

IMG_8966.JPG

IMG_8968.JPG

Thanks. Thought that may be the case. Any idea how to take the mirror apart to see what's required to repair it?

Oh Bummer dude, that looks bent.

They are tricky to take apart without breaking clips, personally i would remove the whole thing and take it indoors to inspect but that means removing the door card to unplug the cables and remove the main three securing screws

come join the club -

VIP Membership | VW T6 Forum - The Dedicated VW Transporter T6 Forum

for now:

the mirror section does have a spring loaded part in case it is hit by an object . . . . . Try grabbing hold of the main body and try to rotate back to its normal location.

and of course try the electrical part folding in/out

quick look here -- >

9.JPG

2 - Insulation
3 - Bolts
q Qty. 3
q 6 Nm
4 - Warning lamps for lane change assist
q Removing and installing
5 - Connectors
6 - Mirror glass
q ‏Removing and installing
7 - Housing frame
8 - Bolt
q 2 Nm
9 - Bolts
q Qty. 2
q 2 Nm
10 - Mirror trim
11 - Adjuster unit
12 - TV module
13 - Aerial module
14 - Mirror cover

12.JPG

10.JPG

Removing
– Remove front door trim
– Disconnect earth wire and connectors -3- from subframe.
Note
Depending on the equipment level, other connectors and earth wires may be present and need to be disconnected prior to the removal.
– Remove bolts -2-.
– Remove exterior mirror -1- from door.
– Pull out cable through hole in door.
Installing
Install in reverse order, but note the following:

11.JPG

Thanks for that. So if you join, this kind of info is available for other stuff?

do all t6 mirrors fold up as im not sure if mine do,been told its unusuale for them not to ,but how can u tell

They will all fold up. Just need a bit of force sometimes.

Back