Power sliding door retrofit.

MarkHob

Security Consultant
T6 Pro
Cancelled my Kombi order due to no build progress after 9 months and ordered a van from Van Haven who had one in stock. It's currently being converted from a PV into a very special Kombi.
The only option I had on the original Kombi order that the PV hasn't got it electric sliding doors, has power latching but not powered operation.
I've seen plenty of posts that say that powered doors are more trouble than they're worth but my brother has them on his van, has had no trouble in 3 years and they do look cool.
Question, is it possible to retrofit powered operation, dash button and all, has anyone done this, and if so do they consider it worthwhile.

Read thru and the bits I could understand gave me a headache, then when I got to 2500 per door from a converter I decided I didn't need this functionality after all..... Funny that.
Thanks anyway

Yeah its not the easiest of jobs, it was tricky for me as it was a bit of a voyage not knowing or having any experience of this retrofit to lean on
If you are paying someone to do it then it going to cost, the only company i am aware of that advertise it is hazzydayz and they want somewhere between £4500 & £5200 + vat to do both doors !!
If you do it yourself and look around to source parts then its a lot cheaper but i would say its beyond a basic DIYer as bodywork needs to be cut and theres a fair bit of wiring and coding to do

I assume yours is a 6.1 (which i have not seen done yet) so if you did want to do it im happy to do a wiring loom for you and assist with the install but i wouldnt be able to do the entire job for you

Always happy to do some digging and have a chat about it if your still interested ?

Back