Power-Closing Slider Locked

dubber36

In a place that few understand
VIP Member
T6 Legend
A problem has just occurred with my Velle.

When unlocking with the fob, everything unlocks with the exception of the offside side door. It won't open with either the inner or outer handle, or with the remote. If I open the drivers door and press the unlock button next to the mirror switch it will unlock and work properly. It will carry on working properly until I lock the van with the remote, then it goes back to square one.

It's under warranty but South Hereford can't fit me in with a courtesy van until 18th November, so in the mean time I'm just going to live with it. I can't scan it... yet, as I need to buy a new VCDS cable as my van is a 2019 and is not supported by earlier cables.

Has anyone else come across this issue?

I get a similar problem with my non power sliding door. Seems to be common. I've video'd it and shown it to the stealership and complained the last 3 services. Unfortunately my door trims have been aftermarket carpeted so they won't pull it apart.

Joined the club today, side door wont unlock,(rang dealers said they would book in 2 weeks time to diagnose the fault, if it was working at the time nothing they could do unless it actually was a fault at the time, rang vw assist they came out straight away,fault on latch and needed to be replace the complete unit under warranty as its not an easy fix on the road,(door alignment etc ect) booked in tomorrow same dealers as once through vw assist you become a priority job with van as an exchange whilst work is completed. The side door problem seems to be after a cold night, if you do have this problem make sure you don't keep trying to open it on the fob, try once if its stuck then call vw assist as then they will see the problem and video the issue.

In it went to be fixed today. The situation had got worse, as the door would fail to unlock most of the time.

I got the call to say it was all done, so made the 70 mile round trip to collect it this afternoon. "We've done a software update and it's all fixed now" I was told. Out to the van we go to be demonstrated and guess what happens? "Oh" says the service man. VW had told them that if the update doesn't work, then a new lock mechanism is required. So it's got to go back in next week. At least they've offered to collect it and leave a vehicle with me until it's fixed this time.

I had a similar problem, drivers side powered sliding door wouldn't open on fob or release with internal handle. Under warranty I had a new door motor but this didn't solve the problem. It seems most of the time if I unlock on the fob and then press unlock a second time I can then use the open door button. I had wondered if this is some form of safety device as it's on the drivers side? Just plucking up the courage to return to the dealer......

It's a problem VW HQ are aware of. The problem is, the dealers are told to try certain fixes first.

My VCDS scan told me that the lock mechanism was receiving an implausible signal. This fault code had been stored and the dealer read the same one. Why they just can't replace the failed part that the car tells them about, I'll never know.

VW Assist changed my lock. Dealer came up with all sorts of excuses.

I’ve had my module changed twice in the last month. First it would not unlock and after the new module was fitted it would not lock ! After another replacement all seems ok for the timebeing.

It appears to be a very common fault. Mine were replaced under warranty so I don’t know what it will cost when the warranty expires? I’m am sure VW will never admit there is a problem !

However be aware that VW Leeds did the first replacement and managed to scratch my paintwork and also split my carpeted door panel in two places. They also broke the chidlock cover. They have washed their hands of the damage but did give me a new childlock cover. My van will not be going to Leeds again for any work.

Back