Porta potti seal replacement

Gaz-H

Hi folks,
not a very inspiring subject but I have a porta potti 365 and am looking to replace the seal on the pour out spout ( not on the cap ). Can’t find anything on web to guide me does anyone have any experience they can shed or link to instructions. Thanks

I'm not sure if you can, you would need to be able to get inside with a hand? to release it?

Do you mean seal #10 on this diagram? Looks like the spout just pulls out?
View attachment 101991
Yes that’s it. Seems fairly secure and I did not want to just pull on it if there was perhaps a special position or something to release it. However, I will try pulling ( but not too vigorously).It’s not showing signs of leaking but some other seals are and I was just looking to replace if I could before there were any issues with it. Perhaps I am being over cautious. Thanks for your input.

Yes that’s it. Seems fairly secure and I did not want to just pull on it if there was perhaps a special position or something to release it. However, I will try pulling ( but not too vigorously).It’s not showing signs of leaking but some other seals are and I was just looking to replace if I could before there were any issues with it. Perhaps I am being over cautious. Thanks for your input.
Best practice with sewage systems is to get somebody else to pull on it and stand well back.

• Haha
Reactions: Loz
@Texxaco or @Niknak can you help? I know you guys have a lot of experience with leaky seals.
Easy tiger @JOG

@Gaz-H sounds way too easy but is it a turn and pull nozzle. I have a feeling if it’s anything like the brown water container on a caravan which is a turn and pull solution to replace the seal.

Certainly won’t harm trying mate. Usually the turn is clockwise.

Easy tiger @JOG

@Gaz-H sounds way too easy but is it a turn and pull nozzle. I have a feeling if it’s anything like the brown water container on a caravan which is a turn and pull solution to replace the seal.

Certainly won’t harm trying mate. Usually the turn is clockwise.
Thanks will play around with it on that basis.

It’ll be a simple push fit with a much harder pull removal, this stuff is designed to be quickly assembled on a production line.

If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.
Purely by owning the replacement seal, it will not leak :)

Back