HiLo Pop-Top fitter recommendations

No, but do your research on fitters extremely carefully. Search the forum here, with a HiLo it’s absolutely critical to get a good fitter or things can go very wrong indeed!

There are much safer options of poptop out there if you don’t want the risk.

Go to the “Review a business“ section, and read the threads there about HiLo.
There are good and bad reviews there.

Pete

Of the recommendations you’ll see on here, you might find XtremeVan at Market Harborough would be your best bet.

Hi All
New to this site and am looking for anyone that can recommend a fitter for a Hilo roof.
I’ve a few quotes and one is a lot more expensive for the same spec .
Anyone who has had an experience with fitting one I would appreciate they’re feedback.
thanks in advance

The quality of a Hilo install is all down to the fitter. Try and get a couple of existing customers from the fitters and talk to them. Sadly, for many of us Hilo owners it’s been a nightmare.

The brilliant fitter who did mine has tragically ceased trading in the current Covid crisis.

But as above, tread carefully, there are a lot of bad fitters out there, HILo themselves are one of them :rolleyes:

Hi All
New to this site and am looking for anyone that can recommend a fitter for a Hilo roof.
I’ve a few quotes and one is a lot more expensive for the same spec .
Anyone who has had an experience with fitting one I would appreciate they’re feedback.
thanks in advance

You really need to do a thorough search of the forum to get a feel for the level of risk you’re taking by choosing a HiLo roof.

The brilliant fitter who did mine has tragically ceased trading in the current Covid crisis.

But as above, tread carefully, there are a lot of bad fitters out there, HILo themselves are one of them :rolleyes:
What company was that please ?
That’s a terrible shame

Yes I’ve seen previous comments from previous years but am looking for more upto date information, Hilo launched a roof called Surf which didn’t go well some years ago , but instead of folding for £200 and restarting the company Hilo stuck with it and replaced all the Suft roofs with the more expensive Sport roof which says something about this company. Hell of an achievement! Later roofs seem to a lot better hence why I’m looking for a recommendation on a good fitter

What company was that please ?
That’s a terrible shame

Old Harry Camper Company, a real shame as they were a relatively new company with great attention to detail.

My HiLo Sport has been 100%, no issues at all and used pretty much everyday in the summer months.

I agree with George6.1. my hilo roofs bin ok for the last 2 years. good on them for riding out the storm
I have a 15 plate VW in Grey. Roof looks great and works just as well.
Only issue i had was with some lad on the phone who was rude and fobbed me off when i had a question but he's left since so some nice woman called Bernice helped with a query i had. customer service pays off too

Yes I’ve seen previous comments from previous years but am looking for more upto date information, Hilo launched a roof called Surf which didn’t go well some years ago , but instead of folding for £200 and restarting the company Hilo stuck with it and replaced all the Suft roofs with the more expensive Sport roof which says something about this company. Hell of an achievement! Later roofs seem to a lot better hence why I’m looking for a recommendation on a good fitter

Are you sure they replaced all the Surf roofs and when/how/why did this happen?

Looking for recommendations on pop tops please guys. Both manufacturers and installers in the south west if possible.

I really like how low profile the hilo roofs are, so any opinions on them, or others similar would be great.

Looking for recommendations on pop tops please guys. Both manufacturers and installers in the south west if possible.

I really like how low profile the hilo roofs are, so any opinions on them, or others similar would be great.
Hope you’re not is rush to get one fitted ;) HiLo are like marmite - plenty of reading to do, use the search function.

Back