Pop-Top: SCA or Remio

Aljon

T6 Pro
Hi all I am having the van conversion done early next year must make my mind up quite soon which pop up to go for i thought we would get a Remio but i read about all the roofs and it makes me more unsure i think i should stay with my first choice but i would like your advise ( my van is a lwb highline t6 ) thanks .

Hi all I am having the van conversion done early next year must make my mind up quite soon which pop up to go for i thought we would get a Remio but i read about all the roofs and it makes me more unsure i think i should stay with my first choice but i would like your advise ( my van is a lwb highline t6 ) thanks .
HI I have the same van and went with a SCA

08D252D1-CA9A-4157-A911-857CC79C3C2F.jpeg

I have a rear-lift SCA roof on my LWB Highline conversion, I’m very happy with the quality of the roof and the fitting by Rolling Homes of Shrewsbury. It was a choice between the Reimo and SCA, what swung it for me was that Rolling Homes are SCA approved installers, and having seen the quality of their work, I knew I wanted them to do the job so I went with the SCA.

Hi Hot and cold we are going with Bodans we looked at Rolling Homes as well but like what we saw and read about Bodans and they are really nice and helpful as well :thumbsup:

I had a full conversion done by Bodans and very happy with it, in fact we are booked in for some extras very soon
and on the roof front we went for a reimo roof and cant fault it

Thanks Peatey that is so good to know we liked the way they ( Bodans ) spoke about what they do and what we want :thumbsup:

76188A7B-4EA9-40E4-98BF-B031245C1E1C.jpeg SCA for us, to be honest not really a lot between them but at the time we had ours installed the bed option was better in the SCA as it has a sprung bed base. Also preferred the slightly higher lift at the back.

The high lift does make a real difference as you can sleep with your head at either end.

That campsite is Witches Craig in Sterling on our way to the Scottish Highlands. Really nice site and highly recommend it.

We are using Bodans but have opted for the Skyline roof they offer, cheaper than either Reimo or SCA and UK built so customer service and availability is very good. We visited the Skyline factory near Weston Super Mare and were very impressed by their quality and the different canvas colours they offer and extras that can be added to the roof at manufacture (solar panels etc) . Skyline have a very attractive offer at the moment aswell if you check out their facebook page. Skyline Roofs
Just another option to consider.

Last edited:
bdo.jpg
T6 LWB with SCA Pop top.
Rolling Homes
Rear opening as kitchen at rear so it all works well for us.
Cant fault the SCA so far

Gavandi nice photo set up looks nice and relaxing . Have you got a solar panel on your roof

@Aljon
That was my son who had taken my van to France in the summer hols..... teachers for you!!
I have the wiring installed for a solar panel but funds ran out.
Keep reading about them but concerned about durability and flexibility with fitting them onto the roof.

View attachment 15797
T6 LWB with SCA Pop top.
Rolling Homes
Rear opening as kitchen at rear so it all works well for us.
Cant fault the SCA so far
Hi @Gavandi

Sorry for joining an old thread but noticed you said you have a rear kitchen?
I’m in the process of weighing up layout (family of 4), and was thinking rear opening roof/ kitchen at rear. But haven’t seen any examples other than Bodens Clee range.
Pics of yours would be really appreciated/ advice/ tips etc.
Many thanks

Rob

I have a rear kitchen and a sca front lift roof the van is LWB and my height is possibly an advantage at 5ft7 I can stand in the back and do the washing up when I move more towards the rear over the hob I do have to duck slightly.
I just preferred the look of the front lift!

502653AD-4030-4F25-9A61-0D43C07A2E7C.jpeg

Hi @Gavandi

Sorry for joining an old thread but noticed you said you have a rear kitchen?
I’m in the process of weighing up layout (family of 4), and was thinking rear opening roof/ kitchen at rear. But haven’t seen any examples other than Bodens Clee range.
Pics of yours would be really appreciated/ advice/ tips etc.
Many thanks

Rob
Hillside do a LWB model with a rear kitchen layout - The Cromford. See link for some pictures:- Cromford VW Campervan

Back