Pop top roof and Van King bed

Rioja John

Neckender
T6 Guru
We have a van king bed fitted in our T6.1 and a Kirivans double passenger seat swivel, we have all our cooking and living arrangements in a Quest 6 pro awning. As anyone got a similar set up with a pop top roof, I suggested this to Pat my wife but she doesn’t like the idea.
Is it worth the £3K plus with our setup to go for a pop top roof.

John.

With so many dayvan configurations available now, poptops are only useful for standing up while cooking and sleeping in fair weather. And who cooks in their 20k conversion stinking up the place...pfft not me. On hindsight, I'd have gone for full width bed with slim line units and added the poptop money towards air-ride and BBS BUT the van would have been probably been stolen by now :(

I also have a Van King Bed, which is full width, and great storage. Also live and cook in the airway awning. After a year's, use have ordered a pop top roof.
My question however is. It comes in black or white, so going for the black, unless I can justify the cost of £350 to have the roof painted reflex silver, the same as the van. Does anyone have any preferences.

We have a van king bed fitted in our T6.1 and a Kirivans double passenger seat swivel, we have all our cooking and living arrangements in a Quest 6 pro awning. As anyone got a similar set up with a pop top roof, I suggested this to Pat my wife but she doesn’t like the idea.
Is it worth the £3K plus with our setup to go for a pop top roof.

John.
John, Having seen your van, I think your set up is great at present. Adding a pop top will give you another bed up top and more standing/head room in the van, plus a few other little benefits. If you want/ need the another bed and more head room, then it is something to consider. If not I am sure you could find plenty £20 "Forum Items" for the cost of a pop top.

Back