Pop top canvas repair needed

Leeabr101

VIP Member
T6 Pro
10D49109-5BA6-46DF-851B-81546846A84F.jpegHi all. Whilst fitting a fibreglass wind deflector to the front of my van, I've managed to tear my pop top about 1 cm across and also a couple of small puncture hole. The roof supplier kindly sent me some spare canvas to do the repair but i just wanted to ask which glue i should use?
Any recommendations?
TIA

Copydex

Stinks a bit in the tub, but that goes and it is waterproof when dry. I would also suggest cutting a round or oval repair patch to avoid corners that can lift.

@Leeabr101. I repaired mine with some stuff called Tear Aid (Type A) which is quite expensive BUT absolutely brilliant. It's been on for nearly 2 years now and is still perfect. When I did the repair, I also stuck a piece on a piece of the same roof canvas and left it stuck to the outside of a window and exposed to all weathers until a couple of months ago - it's still holding fast and waterproof. This is the stuff:
Also do a search for 'Tear Aid Video' and you can see what it does and how to apply it. Hope this helps.

View attachment 133242Hi all. Whilst fitting a fibreglass wind deflector to the front of my van, I've managed to tear my pop top about 1 cm across and also a couple of small puncture hole. The roof supplier kindly sent me some spare canvas to do the repair but i just wanted to ask which glue i should use?
Any recommendations?
TIA
i used these things for my awning, https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07KPK1NX9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and just cut them to shape. nice and easy.

Back