Pop-Top Cleaning Solution

T6 Fred_16

Our campervan has been parked under trees for the last few months during lockdown and even the jet wash is struggling to get black marks off the pop top roof and we've just noticed there is a mossy type mould within the gap at the front of the roof! :eek: Does anyone know of any solutions, perhaps a detergent that needs to be left to soak before washing off, that are suitable?

Muck Off bike cleaner and a soft paintbrush. Maybe a rub with wash mitt for the stubborn bits.

On car window rubbers I use a tooth brush and a running hose to get the moss off (prevalent at the moment due to lack of use). Against paintwork / fibreglass I’d use something softer. If you use a paint brush gaffa tape the metal band.

On the pop top have you tried something like Autoglym super resin polish - it contains fine abrasives and wax. If not do a small test patch.

Ian

On car window rubbers I use a tooth brush and a running hose to get the moss off (prevalent at the moment due to lack of use). Against paintwork / fibreglass I’d use something softer. If you use a paint brush gaffa tape the metal band.

On the pop top have you tried something like Autoglym super resin polish - it contains fine abrasives and wax. If not do a small test patch.

Ian
Thanks Ian, that's really good advice, especially for the gaffa tape! Will try this if the Muck Off doesn't work!

I used to use Muck off On my motorbikes but now use a S-doc cleaner
Muck off works because it is mildly acidic. No problem usually If you follow the instructions religiously but make sure that you avoid any bright work as it will tarnish it.

And do not leave it on very long.

Back