Polo MFSW compatibility?

messer

Hi all,

I have a t6 startline with the standard rubber steering wheel and have bought a 2018 polo mfsw steering wheel which has the same airbag fitment.

I've done the extra bit of wiringin to power and to the body control module.

Now I’m confused with the airbag/steering wheel loom and which one to use.

the t6 mfsw loom has a different clip for the steering wheel
The original loom I had doesn’t have a clip for mfsw
I have an old golf mfsw loom and that all fits but the airbag connector is different.

I just bought VW GOLF POLO MULTIFUNCTION STEERING WHEEL WIRING LOOM CABLE 5G0971584E MFSW | eBay

it got me thinking, are all the wire maps the same? So if it plugs in to the wheel, airbag and yellow clip for the slip ring will the wiring positions all be the same?

The old golf mfsw loom I have, everything fits apart from the airbag connector. One thought I had was to chop and solder the airbag connector for the right one

I can’t help directly, but a quick search of the forum using MFSW lists some threads on the subject that may be of use to you.

It’s a topic that is discussed quite a lot, it might take a fair bit of reading, but your answer might already be here somewhere.

Basic MFSW search
Tag MFSW search

Thanks I did see that also, but I don’t have cruise on my steering wheel, ACC or DSG.. I purposelely picked a wheel without any of that to avoid any dramas!

Hi Mate. Did you ever get to the bottom of which loom you needed? I've literally just taken delivery of a 2018 Polo wheel (no ACC or DSG) to do the same thing & can't work out which loom I need.... be interested to hear how you got on!

I've just fitted a polo mfsw, you need the correct polo airbag, although the T6 airbag looks the same - it isn't, it's a different fitment
I bought the one in the photo complete with airbag and it was a straight swap, I already had a highline though so button layout was exactly the same

20201118_114503.jpg

That looks ace! Did you get it retrimmed?

Do you remember whether your Polo wheel had a 2 pin or 3 pin airbag fitting?

I'm hoping there are 2 types of Polo wheel... one with 2 pin and one with a 3 pin airbag fitting - depending on model year, maybe? Trawling through the forums it looks like some will accept the stock bag. (This is mine.) Hopefully it will, or my 3 year old will have a nice toy MFS wheel to pretend to drive with whilst we're going along.... :)

IMG_2360.jpg

I'm hoping there are 2 types of Polo wheel... one with 2 pin and one with a 3 pin airbag fitting - depending on model year, maybe? Trawling through the forums it looks like some will accept the stock bag. (This is mine.) Hopefully it will, or my 3 year old will have a nice toy MFS wheel to pretend to drive with whilst we're going along.... :)

View attachment 92918
That wheel will take a T6 airbag

View attachment 92918
Cheers, yes had it trimmed by Royal Steering Wheels, £170 all in
Definitely recommend
Yes, my Polo had 3 pin fitting, didn't realise that there was 2 different types
I tried my T6 airbag on it before I sold it on and it didn't fit
That's mine before re trim and without the airbag

Screenshot_20201114-160014_eBay.jpg

Can't help you there, as I said, mine was a complete item so was plug & play

Good luck with it :thumbsup:

Hi all,

I have a t6 startline with the standard rubber steering wheel and have bought a 2018 polo mfsw steering wheel which has the same airbag fitment.

I've done the extra bit of wiringin to power and to the body control module.

Now I’m confused with the airbag/steering wheel loom and which one to use.

the t6 mfsw loom has a different clip for the steering wheel
The original loom I had doesn’t have a clip for mfsw
I have an old golf mfsw loom and that all fits but the airbag connector is different.

I just bought VW GOLF POLO MULTIFUNCTION STEERING WHEEL WIRING LOOM CABLE 5G0971584E MFSW | eBay

it got me thinking, are all the wire maps the same? So if it plugs in to the wheel, airbag and yellow clip for the slip ring will the wiring positions all be the same?

Hi Mate. Did you ever get your Polo wheel sorted? Really struggling to find the right loom for what sounds like the same wheel that you have & no end of searching has come up with anything! Any help would be massively appreciated!

Hi Mate. Did you ever get your Polo wheel sorted? Really struggling to find the right loom for what sounds like the same wheel that you have & no end of searching has come up with anything! Any help would be massively appreciated!
I think the loom is the same as the T6 one. The airbags and MFSW buttons have the same connectors

0A526D77-6EE3-4C00-8DEC-37F56ED4EED9.pngRead this post after purchasing a polo wheel - from reading I believe the one I’ve bought to be incompatible with a 2017 t6 bag as per the comments. - please could someone confirm, as I may be able to return it. Many thanks Andy

Reactions: mmi
View attachment 131323Read this post after purchasing a polo wheel - from reading I believe the one I’ve bought to be incompatible with a 2017 t6 bag as per the comments. - please could someone confirm, as I may be able to return it. Many thanks Andy
Your airbag will not fit that wheel.

Does anyone know if a polo multifunction steering wheel is the same as a t6 I want to retrofit mfsw with cruse the only difference seems to be that the polo is flat bottom has anyone done this before thanks

Does anyone know if a polo multifunction steering wheel is the same as a t6 I want to retrofit mfsw with cruse the only difference seems to be that the polo is flat bottom has anyone done this before thanks
Loads on the forum, try search function

Back