Poll. What Size Leisure Battery?

What size Size Leisure Battery do you install?

• 80Ah- 100Ah

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • 100Ah- 120Ah

Votes: 11 68.8%
  • 120Ah- 140Ah

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • 140Ah- 180Ah

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 180Ah>>>>>

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It’s too high to go upright but you could lie it on it’s side

The trick is.....location.......if it’s under a seat ,size will be a factor (mine is AGM 110ah) if your in a cupboard you could double that but it all depends on your power requirements

for me it’s music system, internal lights and charging iPhones. ( I use gas for cooking and fridge box) and use EHU / Solar to recharge as and when

the new lithium type battery’s are super good but not cheap:thumbsup::thumbsup:

The trick is.....location.......if it’s under a seat ,size will be a factor (mine is AGM 110ah) if your in a cupboard you could double that but it all depends on your power requirements

for me it’s music system, internal lights and charging iPhones. ( I use gas for cooking and fridge box) and use EHU / Solar to recharge as and when

the new lithium type battery’s are super good but not cheap:thumbsup::thumbsup:

While I am planning a full Camper conversion with Gas Hob, 12v fridge, LED lights, 12v TV, Diesel Heater, water Pumps, 1500/300w Pure Sine Wave Inverter, we will only be using it as a Day Van, Just trying to lock in maximum future value.

I plan to put 2 100w Flexible Solar panels on the roof.

So I expect a 110Ah AGM battery will be fine for my needs.

The type of battery is as important as the size. We have a 100Ah lithium leisure battery and it’s fine for us. We have a 1500W PSW inverter which it supports without fuss.

However @Bobbych I would be careful to ensure your proposed AGM battery was sufficient for the inverter load. We initially had a lead acid battery fitted in error and the electrical load from a small coffee machine wrecked the battery very quickly. Once the intended lithium battery was fitted it was fine. Inverters can draw a large current!

TN Power 100ah in the garage waiting to be fitted. Pretty sure its going to fit under the single passenger seat with a RIB swivel on top but its going to be tight.
The battery will be on its side under there. If anyone has a photo of the same that woudl be appreciated.
Planning to put the Renogy under there also and it's pretty big also. The fusebox will go behind the battery with access from a drop panel.
Well in my head it all fits!

The size of the lithiums is very frustrating. If you have ever seen the vids on youtube, the manufacturers often use generic shells for multi capacity bats and the cells often take up just 2/3rds of the shell, with the electrics easily just slotting in with space to spare. My guess is that most could be made 25% smaller but production would slow and the price increase.

Last edited:
The size of the lithiums is very frustrating. If you have ever seen the vids on youtube, the manufacturers often use generic shells for multi capacity bats and the cells often take up just 2/3rds of the shell, with the electrics easily just slotting in with space to spare. My guess is that most could be made 25% smaller but production would slow and the price increase.
Agreed, It would be good if they could make them smaller. Also a battery designed to drop into the VW seat space woudl be great and able to be make use of all the volume. Could probably get a 200ah lithium under there if it was made for it.
....waits for someone to post one they made earlier:cool:

Europarts are having a 50% off sale on batteries.
I want to get the highest amp.
What size fits?
Anyone got one from europarts?
Thanks
John.

Back