Ply lining advice required

Yorkyrmcdo

T6 140 Highline Indium Grey
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi all,

Looking for advice on options for securing the top half of the rear quarter panels so it's not all in one piece,

Pictures to show what I'm trying to achieve

IMG_1420.JPG IMG_1421.JPG

Daft.. Stupid suggestion no 1.......

Wide section of Velcro? All around edges etc?

Not stupid at all. Good Velcro will hold so tight you'll not be able to pull it off without some decent effort. Will be fine.

Get a big cardboard box ( bike box from Halfords) they want rid. Open it out & make yourself a template. Put on wood, draw round & jigsaw out. If you take your time you can do a really good job.

Get a big cardboard box ( bike box from Halfords) they want rid. Open it out & make yourself a template. Put on wood, draw round & jigsaw out. If you take your time you can do a really good job.
I'm happy how to make the panels, it was the best way to secure them to the top half of that section, obviously you can't you hidden clips

Velcro sounds the best idea so far, still thinking though......

What about a small pop rivet? Carpet over after you have put it in the hole, might be a little bit of messing about to get the carpet over the long thin bit. But three down the middle. The middle bit between the sound deadening/thermal lining will take three , top middle & bottom????

Just a thought

On the picture with the green circle I see the wheel arch looks like it has an extension cover over the jack. I can't see a join but guess it opens up. Looks nice, is that someone's custom mod or can that be bought.

Back