Plug In Heaters

pete_r86

3ED45FDC-B4A9-4913-9E28-2C626D62863A.png Hi guys, does anyone have any recommendations for a plug in heater for the camper? I’ve seen this one on amazon, however the reviews are more for the home than a camper, any thoughts on the best option?

We have a small 500w plug in heater, it has a tilt switch on the base that switches off if it falls over.

I think a lot of us use an oil filled heater. It’s silent in operation, so you can leave it on at night.

Will see if I can find a link.

Pete

1200w I take it you normally use EHU?

Smaller oil filled rads have been suggested in the passed.

We use this one,
Linky
Ridiculously cheap (got ours for £19!!)
Unbelievably effective in a T6 sized van, especially on sweep mode.
It’s been thoroughly reliable and seen us through two winters, and is really compact.
Comes with a tilt switch too.

I saw Aldi had this in their camping gear online - well clever marketing because look at the size of it!! Haven’t tried it yet but £12.99 seemed worth a go !!

6984E770-5E2B-41E1-952F-675B2FA7728C.jpeg

We use a 700w oil filled radiator for background heating, silent, keeps the chill off even at -20 in the Alps, £19.99 from Screwfix.

We then have a 2kw fan heater that we use for “main” heating when we are in the van during the day. £10 from Tesco.

The best thing we have is an electric blanket, leave it on all night, toasty & warm even on the lowest setting, only 150W so can use it on any hookup, £19.99 from Aldi

I think a lot of us use an oil filled heater. It’s silent in operation, so you can leave it on at night.

Will see if I can find a link.

Pete

Ditto...
oil filled small electric heater with a thermostat switch.
V quiet and v efficient.
And small enough not to get in the way!

Back