Plastic undertrays doing their job!

AussieMick

T6 Guru
Removed my front undertray yesterday to change the oil and oil filter , once again was pleasantly surprised how spotlessly clean underside of engine bay was

I have been through muddy roads, water crossings and dusty roads since I last removed the undertray .

There have been many posts on here about damaged trays and if it is worth replacing it and all I can say is yes it really protects all the underside of the engine bay including visible belts and wiring looms etc.
Just my observation.

Is it easy to do? I removed panels to fit my diesel heater and it was a mixture of bolts and silly washers pushed onto threaded bars poking out through the undertray.
In the summer I dropped a screwdriver bit down through the engine bay and would like to retrieve it

The front tray underneath the engine is very different to the undertrays further back.
The front tray is easier to remove if the bolts haven’t rusted in place.

Pete

yes its easy, there are 6 bolts and 1 plastic clip at the back to locate the tray and hold it in position while you bolt it back up.

Is it easy to do? I removed panels to fit my diesel heater and it was a mixture of bolts and silly washers pushed onto threaded bars poking out through the undertray.
In the summer I dropped a screwdriver bit down through the engine bay and would like to retrieve it
Could you get that M6 bolt I dropped while you are in there please.

Back