Plastic Hub Cap Fetish...

Zappa

Hello all,
Just to let you know that if your in, or around, or going to visit, the Hastings, E.Sussex area, and have genuine black plastic centre caps adorning your steel wheels, leave them at home, store them, or create some sort of painful (very) trap behind them.
We've had a lot go missing off local T6's (and T5's if shiny enough) in the past few weeks, and they don't mind borrowing them in daylight, in full view of the public.
I personally cannot see how you could make that much of a living from borrowing these items, but having now lived in this area for the past couple of years, nothing surprises me...nice area, shame there's so many scallywags... and before I get castigated by another Hastings diehard with tunnel vision... there is a majority of nice honest people here too!

Now that I got that off my chest, hope you've all had a good Christmas.

I have a question for the knowledgeable amongst us ..Do the wheel bolts for 16" steel wheels also fit 17" Devonports?

Thanks for reading my rant, Here's to a positive happy new year. Cheers

Don't know about steel wheels but the bolts for 16" VW Clayton alloys certainly fit 17" Devonports. On the stolen centre caps, might be an idea to keep an eye out on eBay for somebody selling them in your area, lure them into a trap and give them some attitude adjustments lessons, preferably with a cosh.

Back