Plastic colour restorer

Cheers all.

@Northern Monkey Ok I've got some organic extra nutty PB I'll try!;)

Mirror is a mixture of me thinking it was a good idea to try 'clear' plastic restorer kit I had lying around and inappropriate detailing products! Er no! :thumbsdown:

The front bumper is AG super gloss finish product - works great on paintwork, just don't touch the any plastic!:( Going to touch up and swap out for gloss when other jobs have been complete, seems easier to maintain. Matt plastic is a PITA.

I used this in my old T4, brilliant stuff and lasted forever.

Wurth
PLASTIC DYE BLACK BUMPER AND TRIM RESTORER

Auto Glym Fast Glass works a treat on removing polish from plastics.
Fast glass is really useful, I do all my internal plastics with it and the kombi floor, leaves a nice oem finish on everything!

For treating the plastic I use megiars vinyl boat treatment, works great and is waterproof (obviously!)

I have also used it for colouring white plastic to black such as my solar controller remote display unit

Just ordered some, going to take back the AG bumper gel I grabbed from Halfords on the way back from work.

@xswind first coat on, looks good already. Going to go with three coats. Note to self wear some thin disposal gloves next time. Looks like I’ve been “working down pit”.

Back