Planar Pete

hatjoepeg

T6 Pro
Pete came to our house in Kent today and fitted a Planar diesel heater
Great guy, cleared a light fault while he was with us (because he could!) and did a first rate neat job.
Gave me a really clear lesson in operating it and programming etc and offers a full telephone back up.

Was this installed under the van?, How noisy is it?

Sorry for the questions, really interested in getting one and like the look of his work.

We had it under the drivers seat as there was room there and I live down a grubby track so the underside of my van isn’t the most hospitable of locations.
Pete fitted a backboard which tidied the seat base and gave somewhere for the vent to fit to.
It seems very quiet, to be fair we haven’t slept in the van with it on yet but it doesn’t see like it will be any problem.
He really does know his stuff, and offers a phone helpline for when I forget how to use it!!

Having used the van in the cold North East this week, have found that we have it on before we go to bed then not at night.
there is some noise while it is running but the sound of the sea drowns It out!

Having used the van in the cold North East this week, have found that we have it on before we go to bed then not at night.
there is some noise while it is running but the sound of the sea drowns It out!
Was it too noisy to sleep with then, or was there another reason you didn't have it on at night?

Can i be really rude and ask what the installed cost was? Please PM me if you'd rather, but I'm also in Kent so this sounds like a good option

We live in an Old house so are used to being hot in front of a fire then freezing under a duvet when we go to bed!
No more noise than a fan or air con unit on holiday but we choose to turn it off for bed.
Planar Pete charged just over £850 with a few other bits thrown in, so pleased we have done it

Back