PLANAR 2KW HEATER - ERROR MESSAGE "NO CONNECTION"

mommabear

Account Closed
T6 Pro
Dudes

My planar is p.p.p.playing up and before i strip it all down I'm gonna ask the forum - as always, somebody many have come across this which will save me a bit of time.

Obviously I can fit these little blighters and im familiar with most of the error codes but this is showing "no connection"
Its been fine for 18months.

Some things I've checked.

1) Leisure Battery ok.
2) Disconnected and re-connected the pu27 control panel
when I do this happens, like on a clean install

IMG_1170.jpeg
After this, id expect It to be ready for action.
Then, after it does this for a few seconds I get

IMG_1172.jpeg

Then - if I try to fire the heater as I normally would, - it will say "starting" but nothing happens.
If I press it again, it says "Shutting down"

should also say, the connections look ok - I had a limited look after dropping the tray down on one side.

Hi, did you ever get a solution to this? I'm having exactly the same issue at the moment.
Mine did exactly this a few months ago and I think it was that my leisure battery was low, either that or low on fuel. Can’t remember which as I’m old and I’ve slept since then. But I remember it fixed itself so maybe try checking those two things first.

Mine did exactly this a few months ago and I think it was that my leisure battery was low, either that or low on fuel. Can’t remember which as I’m old and I’ve slept since then. But I remember it fixed itself so maybe try checking those two things first.
Hopefully mine will too. Fuel was a'plenty and well charged battery - got a big drop in charge reading from the battery when I switched the heater on which I've never had before. Wondering if some wiring has got damaged somewhere.

Hopefully mine will too. Fuel was a'plenty and well charged battery - got a big drop in charge reading from the battery when I switched the heater on which I've never had before. Wondering if some wiring has got damaged somewhere.
I remember going through all the usual removing both fuses etc. and it didn’t work. But can’t remember what I did to fix it, but it was a simple fix. And it’s been fine since.
Have you tried unplugging the control cable from the rear of the controller?

Edit: her indoors says the time where it was the battery was just an error code showed up and I let her freeze to dearth assuming it was the error code for low fuel. When I checked next day it was actually a low battery so if I’d run the engine for a little while I could have stopped her whinging.

So this continual rebooting thing must have been sorted by unplugging cables as that’s as far as my skill set extends.

Last edited:
Big drop in voltage is possibly a sign its either not charged or on the way out

Hi, thanks for the replies above.

I'll give the unplugging a try see if that works. Battery is only 2 years old so hope it's not on the wane already.

Was away Friday and Saturday night. Worked no problem Fri night after a 2hr+ drive which should have charged it. Woke up to a very cold Sat morning and got the error code 15 - charge dropped low when trying to switch it on. Battery was showing good charge by the evening (bright day and solar panel charging it.) Heater worked great all evening. Sunday morning getting' no connection' message on start up, tried it a few times to start with mixture of that and the error 15 showing again. Charge dip when switched on, rose back up shortly after. Not tried it since I drove home. It's arrived just in time for the weather getting colder:rolleyes:

Back