Pirelli’s Splitting

Salty Spuds

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Not quite T6 related but could be relevant.
Our other vehicle is a 17plate Skoda Yeti, took it in for its first MOT today & it failed. All 4 tyres are cracked & the canvas & steel threads are showing. They’ve done 12k miles & are the original tyres that came with the car. They still have 5-6mm of tread left, so they haven’t worn out & are otherwise un damaged. We bought the car new from the main dealer.
The tyres are Pirelli Cinturato 225/50/17. The dealer is going to take it up with Pirelli but I’m not holding my breath. A quick search on t’net reveals quite a few similar examples.

Discuss

Are these run flats?
We had them (if they are) on a brand new Cooper S and they lasted 4k, the dealer changed them FOC and the 2nd set lasted 5k.
Worn, cracked and steel belt showing.
Terrible ride and felt like you were being shaken to bits every time you went over a cats eye.
Went for Federal Supersport in the end.

Are these run flats?
We had them (if they are) on a brand new Cooper S and they lasted 4k, the dealer changed them FOC and the 2nd set lasted 5k.
Terrible ride and felt like you were being shaken to bits every time you went over a cats eye.
No not run flats afaik. I spoke to my usual tyre supplier & he reckons it’s a common problem. I wouldn’t mind but I’ve just shelled out top dollar for a set of Pirelli’s for the T6:mad:

Are these run flats?
No way you got in a cooperS.. you struggle in a T6

You know what....Carol had 2 of them, they are the only car i have ever (not) had to have the seat right back. Deceptively spacious.
Chewed run flats though.
Did you get any photos from C&M?

Back