Pioneer Avic Z910dab

Hi All

Do any of you guys have any experience of the pioneer head units. Particularly the z910dab or z9100dab?

Does anyone know if they retain use of the mfsw controls and the visual display
Of parking sensors etc. Also have I read correctly that apple car play is connected wirelessly with these units?

Using the correct interface they will retain the parking sensor display, volume up/down, station up/down, answer and hang up. But you will lose most of the MFD data

I haven’t heard much about the wireless CarPlay feedback, as we switched to using to Kenwoods after being big fans of Pioneer for years, As Kemwood made a significant jump and perform faster, better nav, reverse tilt screens, HD version and the ability to control the optional dash camera

Also Pioneers were affected by stop/start so need additional parts to overcome this,

Kenwood displays the sat nav directions on the MFD and not affected by stop/start

Wireless CarPlay sounds great but most of us have their phone plugged in to charge as battery life on modern phones isn’t great and if it’s sending information to the headunit will flatten it quicker..

Thanks so much for your reply.

To be honest I hadn’t looked at the Kenwood options as I had a kenwood unit in an Amarok I had about four years ago and found it quite slow and clunky (the unit Vw pushed at the time)

With regards to wireless apple car. I had thought that battery life may be an issue.

Any particular Kenwood models you reccommend looking at? Will also be looking at adding a sub and replacing the existing door speakers at some point if that has any bearing on your recommendations.

Thanks again.

We dropped Kenwood years back due to being sluggish and terrible screens etc, but 2 years ago they upped their came and the 2018 range is superb, the best screens out there, super fast operation, making the other 2 top brands look slow, easy to use and great features

The DNX 8180dab and the HD screen version DNX 9180dab

We can supply some excellent upgrades using the factory or aftermarket headunit

Hi there.

Sorry for the very slow reply. Have had rather an eventful week.

So far I’ve added (done by the company that lined the van) a pair of focal 6x9 in the rear.

On my to do list to get a decent sound was the following

Aftermarket head unit ( not so fussed on nav as long as it has car play.

Upgrading the factory door speakers.

Fitting a sub. Would need to be removable as sometimes I need all the space the van offers.

If you fancy pricing up any of this I’d be great full also suggestions of which would be the best order to go about the upgrades as I want to do them over the next 12 months one at a time.

Hi there.

Sorry for the very slow reply. Have had rather an eventful week.

So far I’ve added (done by the company that lined the van) a pair of focal 6x9 in the rear.

On my to do list to get a decent sound was the following

Aftermarket head unit ( not so fussed on nav as long as it has car play.

Upgrading the factory door speakers.

Fitting a sub. Would need to be removable as sometimes I need all the space the van offers.

If you fancy pricing up any of this I’d be great full also suggestions of which would be the best order to go about the upgrades as I want to do them over the next 12 months one at a time.

Is there anything under the front seats, ?

Using the correct interface they will retain the parking sensor display, volume up/down, station up/down, answer and hang up. But you will lose most of the MFD data

I haven’t heard much about the wireless CarPlay feedback, as we switched to using to Kenwoods after being big fans of Pioneer for years, As Kemwood made a significant jump and perform faster, better nav, reverse tilt screens, HD version and the ability to control the optional dash camera

Also Pioneers were affected by stop/start so need additional parts to overcome this,

Kenwood displays the sat nav directions on the MFD and not affected by stop/start

Wireless CarPlay sounds great but most of us have their phone plugged in to charge as battery life on modern phones isn’t great and if it’s sending information to the headunit will flatten it quicker..

I have this unit. It was fitted by the insurance as my old unit was ripped put when the van was nicked. I don't have the reverse sensors on the display. Company which did the work say it wont on an after market unit. I have been in touch with pioneer and they have said it should with the right lead. Just looking at my options?

I have this unit. It was fitted by the insurance as my old unit was ripped put when the van was nicked. I don't have the reverse sensors on the display. Company which did the work say it wont on an after market unit. I have been in touch with pioneer and they have said it should with the right lead. Just looking at my options?

We can supply the correct harness, did they retain the dash usb ?

The full works as before they ripped out old pioneer unit. Just missing reverse on the screen.

If you can remove the unit and pop a picture up if the loom/interface they may have not known that it needed a short adapter to plug into the small white socket on the back of the unit

If you could pull more of the loom out of the dash to reveal the loom/box between the pioneer loom and vehicles plug would be better

The picture below shows where the parking sensor interface plugs into

That plug is for the old usb

05E66BB4-2E9F-4F8C-979C-DACDB9D7D0F1.jpeg

It looks like a standard Connects2 CTSVW015.2 with a universal patch lead,

Not able to display the parking sensors I’m afraid

It looks like a standard Connects2 CTSVW015.2 with a universal patch lead,

Not able to display the parking sensors I’m afraid

Can the lead be changed.I had the reverse sensors before with the old Pioneer unit. Even the reverse lead is not connected on the 1st batch of photos.

Back