Pin stripe

Hi bmg. My first 'give back' post!
I've put matt black stripe on. I got double pin stripe 4mm and 2mm and applied it putting the thicker stripe at the top just under the crease line. However the thick stripe fell off after a couple of days. So I kept the thin one on its own. As a result it's a little lower than I'd like but it still breaks up the panel. And the thicker stripe was hardly visible anyway as it was in the shadow of the crease line. You need to work around the sliding door track. I'm still debating whether it integrates to the transporter decals. Some frosty picsIMG_20220118_085443.jpgIMG_20220118_085358.jpgIMG_20220118_085406.jpgIMG_20220118_085345.jpg

Hi bmg. My first 'give back' post!
I've put matt black stripe on. I got double pin stripe 4mm and 2mm and applied it putting the thicker stripe at the top just under the crease line. However the thick stripe fell off after a couple of days. So I kept the thin one on its own. As a result it's a little lower than I'd like but it still breaks up the panel. And the thicker stripe was hardly visible anyway as it was in the shadow of the crease line. You need to work around the sliding door track. I'm still debating whether it integrates to the transporter decals. Some frosty picsView attachment 142186View attachment 142187View attachment 142188View attachment 142189
Looks class !

Had a 3mm one applied to ours - really adds a 'cheat-line' to the swage line....View attachment 184539

Subtle but effective
Thinking about a pin stripe on the side of the van. Anyone got some ideas?

Just finished mine, got a 12mm & a 6mm red, I think it looks subtle but effective, the 12mm doesn’t look too thick as it’s on the angle facing downward and I just put a 6mm on the back door (tried various combinations of the 12mm & 6mm but didn’t look right).
It really pops when the sun hits too.
Well pleased with it

IMG_3233.jpeg

IMG_3234.jpeg

IMG_3241.jpeg

IMG_3242.jpeg

Just finished mine, got a 12mm & a 6mm red, I think it looks subtle but effective, the 12mm doesn’t look too thick as it’s on the angle facing downward and I just put a 6mm on the back door (tried various combinations of the 12mm & 6mm but didn’t look right).
It really pops when the sun hits too.
Well pleased with it

View attachment 207583
That looks great - I’ve been thinking about this for my van - didn’t realise it was a “thing”!

12mm is thicker than I was thinking/guessing, but will start there and see what I like.

I’m guessing these are a vinyl type material, and not paint? Any ideas on rough cost and “rules” on contrasting colours (was thinking bright red on my starlight blue van)?

That looks great - I’ve been thinking about this for my van - didn’t realise it was a “thing”!

12mm is thicker than I was thinking/guessing, but will start there and see what I like.

I’m guessing these are a vinyl type material, and not paint? Any ideas on rough cost and “rules” on contrasting colours (was thinking bright red on my starlight blue van)?
IMG_3240.jpeg

A friend of mine works in automotive sales so got me these for free, I think red would look good on blue

Any car accessory shop should sell the tapes - I had my 3mm tape applied by my painter, lasted about 5 days then started peeling off. Gave up in the end, used the 3mm tape as a guide, masked either side of it and then painted the line in, looks much better imho, as I said earlier, very subtle but breaks up the join between the blue and white paintwork - however, like all this stuff, it's a matter of personal choice, have fun....

Back