Picture request: dummy windows

SamD

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi all,

does anyone have a LWB with a real window in the drivers rear quarter and a fake window on the passenger rear quarter?

We have fitted windows at the front already and its a white van, just trying to figure out how it will look.

Cheers Sam

A friend over the road from me has a white lwb T5 with fake rear windows both sides. I can take a picture if it helps but I assume you're concerned about the internal look?

A friend over the road from me has a white lwb T5 with fake rear windows both sides. I can take a picture if it helps but I assume you're concerned about the internal look?

Hi,

yeah its the internal look, im quite happy to just go with it and do it but my gf wants to see it first!
Thanks though

I prefer the fake windows at the rear, firstly for more privacy when camping and secondly glass all round always reminds me of a minibus.

Internally mine’s just carpeted panels, looks neat and tidy.
6E613456-1C1C-486D-97E1-E63F39C6C06D.jpeg1D71B726-C129-48C0-883C-C1D4AEA73637.jpeg

Hi all,

does anyone have a LWB with a real window in the drivers rear quarter and a fake window on the passenger rear quarter?

We have fitted windows at the front already and its a white van, just trying to figure out how it will look.

Cheers Sam
If you tint the side windows too, you can't tell the difference between the fake window and the real window :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Got mine done last week - doing mine as a stealth camper so having the windows makes it look better than a pure van / kombi but I want privacy as that's where my bed is

Still saving up for wheels and suspension before anyone else comments on the ride height :whistle:

DSC_0295.JPG

Looks good has anyone fitted fake on oneside and a real window on the other?

I fitted windows to front, fake to the rear quarters and then added a window to the tailgate.

Im fitting a kitchen, so the OSR window would be of no use anyway, so for uniformity I fitted fakes both side.

Fwiw I put black glass from camperglass on the back quarters then got the darkest limo tint on the middle windows, so it looks consistent

I prefer the fake windows at the rear, firstly for more privacy when camping and secondly glass all round always reminds me of a minibus.

Internally mine’s just carpeted panels, looks neat and tidy.
View attachment 108238View attachment 108239
Love the look of your van mate :thumbsup:
May I ask where you got your fake rear windows from please? The ones in the 'boot' area.
The tint seems to match all round which I presume is what most people do right? Are they easy enough to fit yourself?
Also...what about your decals. Were they on the van when you got it?
Cheers!

Love the look of your van mate :thumbsup:
May I ask where you got your fake rear windows from please? The ones in the 'boot' area.
The tint seems to match all round which I presume is what most people do right? Are they easy enough to fit yourself?
Also...what about your decals. Were they on the van when you got it?
Cheers!

Thanks dude, glass is from here - Van Windows & Van Glass | Tinted Privacy Van Windows | Camper Glass it’s proper own glass so fits perfectly.

I had the glass limo tinted the same as my Kombi windows which also have limo tints. I didn’t fit them, I got my converter to do it, but there are loads of guides online.
I believe one thing to do is to leave a gap at the bottom of the glass sealant for expansion on hot days, water to run out and to help stop it misting up.

I copied the stripes form another van I saw online, I can’t take credit for that.

Got mine done last week - doing mine as a stealth camper so having the windows makes it look better than a pure van / kombi but I want privacy as that's where my bed is

Still saving up for wheels and suspension before anyone else comments on the ride height :whistle:

View attachment 108343
Are front and rear fake windows? If so they look very real.

Yep - from are the factory windows with a limo tint and the rear are just black glass bonded onto the metal panel

really pleased with the result
Great! Does the limo tint make it much darker inside compared to standard? I currently have factory kombi side windows and thinking of doing the same. Might do the tailgate too. Do you know what percentage a Limo tint is?

Great! Does the limo tint make it much darker inside compared to standard? I currently have factory kombi side windows and thinking of doing the same. Might do the tailgate too. Do you know what percentage a Limo tint is?
Limo tint is 5% and that does not count the OEM tint.

There's a YouTube video on how to fit them from camperglass, very easy to follow :thumbsup:

Back