Phone holders

Thanks. What I ideally want is something that will turn my wired android auto into wireless...
I have an aawireless adaptor and it works great. I kickstarted the original version and it's still working perfectly. Takes about 30 seconds tops to connect and then it's all wireless goodness.

Yes I know probably the most interesting topic in human history:think smile bounce: but Im stuck.

I've been trying to find a decent phone holder that works in my 19 plate sportline since I've had it from new with no luck.I found one that works but there rubbish and just keep breaking.

I think most of the problem is me because I don't like them high up or on the screen so this rules out most of them.Im looking for something that will fit down near the gear shift.The problem is the dash has to many contours on it for a suction type to work and I don't like the air vent type either.I've tried sticking one on but that hasn't worked either and Im not prepared to screw it on so I really am stuck.

Has anyone any bright ideas?
Very late to the party on this thread...
For mounting my rear/side cameras screen (about the size of a small tablet) I use one of these:
https://amzn.to/46DWdi2 Lamicall Magnetic Car Phone Holder Vent 2023 Upgrade 6X N52 Strong Magnets, Universal Mobile Phone Mount Hook, 360 Rotating Air Vent Cradle.
I've found that I can still open/close the vent by mounting it at the top right corner.
For my phone I use this: (the vent attachment not the suction cup)
https://amzn.to/3QqcKAs VANMASS 2023 Ultimate Car Phone Holder [BEST Suction & Clip] Rotatable Universal Mobile Phone Mount Accessories Automobile Cradle for Dashboard Windscreen Vent Van

I'll see if I can get a photo up soon.

In the past I would suction cup stuff to the windscreen but I rented the van out and one of the customers was a lorry driver who'd also been an AA Inspector in his time. He loved the van but told me after: "That rear view screen there (was above the dash) is an instant MOT fail and because it's blocking the corner of your windscreen (Driver's side) then if someone hit a kid or something you might find yourself in a load of trouble". Which is why I now have it off to the side between door and steering wheel, not blocking any line of sight of the windscreen. I know a lot of people put their phones above the height of the dashboard, but I wonder how "legal" it actually is. I know there's a lot of hoohaa about where to mount a dashcam/crashcam.... I'm no legal expert but I've played around with different positions for my phone, tablet and camera monitor and now I've got all my stuff out from line-of-sight of the windscreen I'm a lot happier :D

WhatsApp Image 2023-10-21 at 13.27.59.jpeg
I got my friend to take a pic... you can see the rear-view camera on the right. I tend to use the Aux input from the jack socket on phone to the jack input for radio a lot so this setup works great and I've managed to find leads that are just the right length. :thumbsup:

Very late to the party on this thread...
For mounting my rear/side cameras screen (about the size of a small tablet) I use one of these:
https://amzn.to/46DWdi2 Lamicall Magnetic Car Phone Holder Vent 2023 Upgrade 6X N52 Strong Magnets, Universal Mobile Phone Mount Hook, 360 Rotating Air Vent Cradle.
I've found that I can still open/close the vent by mounting it at the top right corner.
For my phone I use this: (the vent attachment not the suction cup)
https://amzn.to/3QqcKAs VANMASS 2023 Ultimate Car Phone Holder [BEST Suction & Clip] Rotatable Universal Mobile Phone Mount Accessories Automobile Cradle for Dashboard Windscreen Vent Van

In the past I would suction cup stuff to the windscreen but I rented the van out and one of the customers was a lorry driver who'd also been an AA Inspector in his time. He loved the van but told me after: "That rear view screen there (was above the dash) is an instant MOT fail and because it's blocking the corner of your windscreen (Driver's side) then if someone hit a kid or something you might find yourself in a load of trouble". Which is why I now have it off to the side between door and steering wheel, not blocking any line of sight of the windscreen. I know a lot of people put their phones above the height of the dashboard, but I wonder how "legal" it actually is. I know there's a lot of hoohaa about where to mount a dashcam/crashcam.... I'm no legal expert but I've played around with different positions for my phone, tablet and camera monitor and now I've got all my stuff out from line-of-sight of the windscreen I'm a lot happier :D

Thanks for sharing TWB-Mark!
Been looking for a proper reliable phone holder and this one fits the bill! Loads of mounting options and it's really well reviewed.

Back