Phone Cradle/dash Cubbys

Discussion in 'Interiors, Seating, Lining' started by Cherokee, 22 Apr 2018.

1. Cherokee

Cherokee Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    Having bought my dash carpet set from 'rugs for bugs', I am now somewhat perplexed as to what actually fits into the numerous mostly tiny cubby holes. At least whatever goes in won't slide around. The main issue at the moment though is where to place my phone. I've got Apple play along with the bigger screen, so I have to plug the phone into the USB portal, which is some way away. I want to keep the USB/charger lead short, anyone else see this as an issue, and is there a solution out there.

2. Montecha

Montecha Senior Member VCDS User VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    I take it you don’t have a comfort dash? If that’s the case I used to put my phone on the small shelf by the dash USB which is enabled for carplay.

I just upgraded to the wider centre console and it’s migrated into the pocket on the top.

Both positions keep the lead quite short.

I hope that makes sense?

3. Cherokee

Map
    Yeah, that does make sense thanks. I suppose I'm not used to not having my phone close by on a cradle. I'll get used to Appleplay. I've indeed got the builders dash. And I'm using my van as a van. It's in for mods soon, so watch this space......

4. RussGT6

RussGT6 Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    There is a phone holder that sits in the cup holder, can't remember the name, it's on Amazon.

5. Sherbs

Sherbs Member VIP Member T6 Pro

How about:
    image.jpg
    And at the other end:
    image.jpg

6. Cherokee

Map
    That's cool. What make phone holder is that, and is it suction or sticky pad?

7. Sherbs

Sherbs Member VIP Member T6 Pro

3m sticky pad, it’s a sinjimoru from Amazon

8. Cherokee

Map
    Ta muchly Sherbs, I'll check this out.

9. Mccoatup

Mccoatup Member VIP Member

Map
    20180907_160038.jpg Thanks Sherbs for making me aware of this phone holder. It didn't really work exactly where you had yours, but I have mounted it beside the vent which is more stable and right in my line of vision. The rotating joint ball goes into the vent which does unfortunately stop it moving up and down, but I keep the vent pointing up anyway, and you can still open and close it. It's a great position for the phone as I need reading glasses to see the phone, but not for driving, so I can keep my reading glasses perched on the end of my nose while seeing over them to drive. Half lens reading glasses probably be better though.