Phase A Commenced..

Steve H

Excited Member
T6 Pro
fullsizeoutput_2913.jpeg

Having collected the new van just 250 miles ago I thought it would be wisest to start on the exterior first, and so Phase A has started..

I've always been told it's just a phase I'm going through, so we may as well continue with them..

I dropped the van off at Gtechniq's UK HQ earlier. For the next three or four days they are giving the paint a wee polish up before slathering it all in ceramic coat and letting it dry off before throwing the keys back to me.

That's paint, wheels in & out plus glass too.

Quite excited now..!

The preliminary visit showed up myriads of micro scratches under their lights, and given the fact that I've never washed it at all, must simply be the PDI wash

It's subtle in the photo, but they're visible to the iPhone -

fullsizeoutput_2918.jpeg

Interestingly, when the paint depth was measured, there was a difference of well over a hundred microns between sides..!

What are they charging if you don't mind? Pm if you like. Look forward to seeing the results.

Cheers.

What are they charging if you don't mind? Pm if you like. Look forward to seeing the results.

Cheers.

If you look on their website, there is a menu based pricing system that's dependent upon which or what you choose. It'll be just over four figures when it comes out for me..

View attachment 36430
The preliminary visit showed up myriads of micro scratches under their lights, and given the fact that I've never washed it at all, must simply be the PDI wash
Interesting. I asked the dealership not to wash the van for the PDI (Van due in May). Was wondering if I was being too paranoid. Now not so sure.

I'd have refused the van!!
100 microns is totally unacceptable.
Given the British road shite, salt, and tractor crap, that paint difference is going to stick out a mile.
And the resale value has just plummeted...
What's a micron?

I'd have refused the van!!
100 microns is totally unacceptable.
Given the British road shite, salt, and tractor crap, that paint difference is going to stick out a mile.
And the resale value has just plummeted...
What's a micron?
:):):):):):whistle:

For info.
1 micron is 1 millionth of a meter.
Human hair is 5 to 200 microns typically, and smoke particles from synthetic materials range from 1 to 50 microns.
Damn good stuff paint in how it keeps the metal sealed from the elements.

Lovely colour, it was my first choice but I got a good deal on my stock indium grey van. My next one will be starlight blue with LED headlights :)

Collected the van from the good people over at the Gtechniq Works this lunchtime & I'm over the moon with the standard they've achieved. In a perfect world, they'd all be like this out of the factory, but this is just amazing.

Van is now fully ceramic glazed using their Crystal Serum Ultra & as they carried out the process, guaranteed for 9 years providing they have a butchers at it every year to top it up etc.

Came home in sunshine, but ran into a rain shower on the dual cabbage way whereupon the rain just whipped upwards and away from the windscreen..! No wipers needed & having got home you'd never tell. Brilliant stuff..!

More than ever I wanted an easy wash and brush up routine, and this looks like it will fit the bill nicely, ta v much.

I'm a happy puppy now..

fullsizeoutput_296e.jpeg fullsizeoutput_296c.jpeg

Looks stunning. Just keep it away from any road side gangs, and make sure any work carried out by the dealers is not finished with a service wash.

From a gent with your expert credentials @Tourershine, I'll willingly take that. Thank you.

Have to say the colour under those studio lights doesn't do Starlight Blue the justice it deserves, even though that shine is so deep. In sunlight, it really 'pops' in the way that Blackberry does.

On the Paintwork Paranoia scale I'm currently hovering at 8 tonight..! Tomorrow, the dog gets in..

Reality, eh..?

From a gent with your expert credentials @Tourershine, I'll willingly take that. Thank you.

Have to say the colour under those studio lights doesn't do Starlight Blue the justice it deserves, even though that shine is so deep. In sunlight, it really 'pops' in the way that Blackberry does.

On the Paintwork Paranoia scale I'm currently hovering at 8 tonight..! Tomorrow, the dog gets in..

Reality, eh..?
Your van looks fantastic My van is going to be fine in march . I just can’t decide wether to go for the serum light or ultra there is quite a big price difference.

Thank you, Dave.

Best advice I can offer is to get in touch and ask the question. They're not a massive setup, and seem very approachable and friendly. The guy that did mine was Adam Eaton and he's on adameaton@gtechniq.com

Tell him the bloke with the van sent you..

Meanwhile, it's piddled down overnight, and the poor van looks like a puppy shivering in the cold..

Thank you, Dave.

Best advice I can offer is to get in touch and ask the question. They're not a massive setup, and seem very approachable and friendly. The guy that did mine was Adam Eaton and he's on adameaton@gtechniq.com

Tell him the bloke with the van sent you..

Meanwhile, it's piddled down overnight, and the poor van looks like a puppy shivering in the cold..

I live in Newcastle so it’s a company that’s local to me that I have it booked in at. Much the same set up small company with spotless worshop and they want the van for 3 days. They also told me I can call in and see what they are dooming as they go along. I have opted for the bodywork, wheels , glass, also the full interior detailing which inc seat protection.
The ultra is a extra £300 more than the light so this is my dilemma

Back