PFJones 7-pin tow bar wiring without Prep

paulh123

I’m fitting a pfjones 7 pin wiring kit. My t6 doesn’t have tow bar prep and is therefore option 2 in the wiring instructions. That’s probably irrelevant because - I’ve remove all the lower dash under the steering wheel and it says there is white can data and a black network control to wire into but I can’t see either. Photo of the items attached from the instructions but I can’t see them. Are the always fitted? If so are they always under the dash. Anyone with some words of wisdom who has fitted pfjones wiring would be much appreciated

57B5A743-8695-4ECF-890B-24FFDBADF0D1.jpeg

The white and black those instructions refer to are the colours of the plugs in the BCM

You need to connect to the orange/green and orange/black CAN wires in the white plug and the black/red (not to be confused with red/black - or your brake lights will stay permanently on) in the black plug

Iv fitted the same wiring kit and they are there one black plug one white
Just a tip
Disconnect battery first
And they are tricky to remove

Thanks guys. I’ve found them now but bloody hell!!! You’ve got to be a contortionist to get to them and the wiring is so tight. I’m going to try getting the bcm out to see if is easier when it drops down

It does make it slightly easier and carefully cut the ties on them but they are still tight to do!!!!!
Good luck

It does make it slightly easier and carefully cut the ties on them but they are still tight to do!!!!!
Good luck
Fitted the same wiring kit, all ok, but Can't be sure of the location of the grommet to access the bulkhead, to run the stop light and can bus wires

Fitted the same wiring kit, all ok, but Can't be sure of the location of the grommet to access the bulkhead, to run the stop light and can bus wires
It’s in the windscreen scuttle with access via the small removable panel on the drivers side in the engine bay, be careful not to drop the bolts they are a bugger to find in the engine bay.

It’s in the windscreen scuttle with access via the small removable panel on the drivers side in the engine bay, be careful not to drop the bolts they are a bugger to find in the engine bay.
Dave do I need to remove wiper blades and plastic trim or is it below behind the insulation?

I’ve fitted same kit to mine. I’m having trouble finding anyone who can code it. Even been to vw dealer and they won’t touch it because it’s a aftermarket loom.
All the wiring seems to work however I have the front radar not working and has a warning light.
Can someone tell what dia machine they have used to code the kit. Vans a 2021 non prep so I fitted complete kit.

Back