Pf jones wiring Diagram

Geezer205

VIP Member
HI All trying to fit a pf jones towbar electrics but having issues with fuse box side. How I read it you take out pin 2 then fit wiring loom 15 into pins 5 and 4 which I have checked on the t6 has ready got wires in these locations. Then you put wire 3 into a block and a would assume that was the wire I took out of pin 2,the the L wire from towbar socket put into pin 2 but all these pin locations already have allocated wires in them. pics of diagram below could anyone help having a nightmare with it many thanks.

IMG_20210501_181812.jpg

IMG_20210501_181821.jpg

Are you sure the numbers don’t tally with notes in the instructions and maybe not pin locations

Looks simple to me :)

The numbers are the steps you need to do.
Page 28
1 Slide the latch on the side of the fuse box.
2 Remove a 30+ wire, It can be any live wire
3 Connect the wire you've removed into part 8
4 Part 15 has 2 wires, Insert one in the slot where you removed the wire
5 Use the 2nd wire from part 15 and put it in a spare slot in the fusebox. Note both sides of the fuse need to be free

Page29
1 click parts 8 and 15 together.
2 Insert cable L into the fusebox to link to the last wire you added on page 28 step5.
3 slide the latch on the side of the fusebox back to lock the pins in
4 Reinsert the fuse you removed on Page28 step2
5 Insert a new fuse which connects the wires from Page28 step 5 and Page29 step 2

To be honest this sounds a faff. Just find a spare fuse slot and add L .

HTH

Looks simple to me :)

The numbers are the steps you need to do.
Page 28
1 Slide the latch on the side of the fuse box.
2 Remove a 30+ wire, It can be any live wire
3 Connect the wire you've removed into part 8
4 Part 15 has 2 wires, Insert one in the slot where you removed the wire
5 Use the 2nd wire from part 15 and put it in a spare slot in the fusebox. Note both sides of the fuse need to be free

Page29
1 click parts 8 and 15 together.
2 Insert cable L into the fusebox to link to the last wire you added on page 28 step5.
3 slide the latch on the side of the fusebox back to lock the pins in
4 Reinsert the fuse you removed on Page28 step2
5 Insert a new fuse which connects the wires from Page28 step 5 and Page29 step 2

To be honest this sounds a faff. Just find a spare fuse slot and add L .

HTH
Hi @Littleblackflash, if I post some photos of my wiring of a t6.1 tow bar prep using a p f Jones 13 pin wiring kit, can you please point me in the right direction?

It's different to mine but should be ok.

Start with the 12pin plug.
Option 1 is only used where there the 12pin plug isn't previously used and you need to use the spare black 12pin connector they supply.
Your van needs option 2 because there is already a plug in there, you just need to add in the wires.

Follow steps 40,41 & 42 and add the 6 wires into this connector. You have to unplug the 2 halves and then move the latch on the plug to allow you to put the terminals in.
Add the Black, Blue, Green, Pink, yellow and Brown terminals to the side shown below. (i put a white circle around the black so you can see it. Don't use the black/white wire)

1624376338017.png

Next the 8pin plug which isn't making sense yet. Can you post the previous steps on the page below 34?

You should have at this stage the blue/black wire, gray and white/black ones left. These aren't shown in the above steps.

1624374926407.png

It's different to mine but should be ok.

Start with the 12pin plug.
Option 1 is only used where there the 12pin plug isn't previously used and you need to use the spare black 12pin connector they supply.
Your van needs option 2 because there is already a plug in there, you just need to add in the wires.

Follow steps 40,41 & 42 and add the 6 wires into this connector. You have to unplug the 2 halves and then move the latch on the plug to allow you to put the terminals in.
Add the Black, Blue, Green, Pink, yellow and Brown terminals to the side shown below. (i put a white circle around the black so you can see it. Don't use the black/white wire)

View attachment 120728

Next the 8pin plug which isn't making sense yet. Can you post the previous steps on the page below 34?

You should have at this stage the blue/black wire, gray and white/black ones left. These aren't shown in the above steps.

View attachment 120720
Thanks @Littleblackflash, I will post more photos for you.
The instructions state not to use black for some reason?
I am posting all the pages for you but on page 3 it states steps 34-62 for T6.1
Let me know if you need any more information

That explains why you have a spare blue/black wire, grey and white/black wires, they are used for the other variants.

For the T6.1 you need a yellow wire in the 8pin plug, but it says to also put it in the 12pin plug. It doesn't make sense and you also are missing the yellow/brown wire. Are you sure you have the correct loom for a T6.1 and not one for a T6? The P Jones technical help desk is really good so you may need to give them a call.
If you complete the 12pin plug part and just connect the 8pin one as is, I think it would probably work. Just make sure none of the spare leads are live.

That explains why you have a spare blue/black wire, grey and white/black wires, they are used for the other variants.

For the T6.1 you need a yellow wire in the 8pin plug, but it says to also put it in the 12pin plug. It doesn't make sense and you also are missing the yellow/brown wire. Are you sure you have the correct loom for a T6.1 and not one for a T6? The P Jones technical help desk is really good so you may need to give them a call.
If you complete the 12pin plug part and just connect the 8pin one as is, I think it would probably work. Just make sure none of the spare leads are live.
Hi @Littleblackflash, thanks for your help and I will phone P Jones tomorrow and ask.

Hi @Littleblackflash, I have spoken to technical at P Jones today and they looked into it and phoned me back and they said the diagram is wrong.
part 34, white/black into 3 and grey into 2.
cut end off blue/black
Part 41 then will work out.
So as you said that something was wrong.
thanks for your help.

Hi @Littleblackflash ,
I fitted the tow bar at the weekend and wired the 13 pin socket.
what is the best procedure before I connect the two plugs into the sockets. (Regarding 12v battery)
Thanks

Before you start on the 2 plugs you need to disconnect the battery. Once it's all done, connect the battery and code the tow bar option.

If it's all working ok, connect the trailer and check the lights.

Before you start on the 2 plugs you need to disconnect the battery. Once it's all done, connect the battery and code the tow bar option.

If it's all working ok, connect the trailer and check the lights.
Ok thanks, who is best to do the coding?
I did phone a vw dealer and they seemed a bit vague on what needs doing.

Back