Petrol Pressure Washer

ddktm

T6 Pro
Just after a bit of advice from those ìn the know. Thinking of upgrading my pressure washer as exiting one lacks a bit. Was possibly looking at a petrol one, anyone got any experience in them and reccommend any.

TIA

Petrol pressure washers usually offer more power and hence more pressure, many are capable of 3000 psi or more. Obviously this is great for blasting mud off your vehicle and bugs off your windscreen but you have to be careful, most tyre manufacturers warn against using high pressure water too close to tyres. Water at 3000 psi can cut through a tyre wall like a knife.
I have used a 3000psi petrol pressure washer to wash cars, vans and plant many times. If you use common sense you won't cause damage. Obviously you can turn the throttle down and not use full pressure if you want. A 3000 psi pressure washer is quite a beast and you must keep both hands on the lance, if you hold it one handed and pull the trigger you will not be able to hold on to it and there's a real risk of injury.

I bought a petrol washer from Aldi. It's brilliant but agree with @DaveD, they can be a handful to control. Also rather noisy but I just put in my ear pods and turn up the tunes. My neighbours watch with hilarity as I'm busting some moves whilst washing my van.
I'm sure if I aimed it at the ground I would take off.

They do have some power to them but it is adjustable so you don't have to have it on full chat all the time.

Some advise however, should you need to clean the roof of your conservatory, leave it on the low setting and stand on something secure.....only a fool would wind it up to max and stand on top of a wheelie bin! :whistle:

They do have some power to them but it is adjustable so you don't have to have it on full chat all the time.

Some advise however, should you need to clean the roof of your conservatory, leave it on the low setting and stand on something secure.....only a fool would wind it up to max and stand on top of a wheelie bin! :whistle:

I can’t find a way to turn the power down on mine. Wish I could as it is ferocious.

I can’t find a way to turn the power down on mine. Wish I could as it is ferocious.
mine has a throttle on the panel by the handle, denoted by a turtle and hare if i recall correctly..perhaps i have the deluxe version!

Back