TSi MPG

Had this email today from the dealer I have been considering placing an order with. Spoke to him on Wednesday last week and asked if there was any news of a petrol T6, then this;

"Good afternoon

Many thanks for your email, the £500 deposit contribution is part of the £2500 initial rental in the illustration, the other £2000 coming from you.

We are also getting news about a petrol variant of the Transporter. All we know so far is that they will go into production in June and there will be power outputs equivalent to the 150PS & 204PS TDI engines. Pricing info to follow.

Kind regards

Nick

Nick *******

Sales Executive"
petrol T6.jpg

Hmm, quite a conversation or too going on here.

Any hoo, a mate of mine has just taken delivery of a Golf GTE. 1.4 petrol hybrid thing that is ............bloody fantastic! I can't wait for the T6 version, which I can't see any reason for not being around the corner. Put the 2ltr TSI engine and a few electric motors in and away you go.

As a newbie and sometime lurker here I happen to be in the market for a new T6
I also live in London with its Low Emmission Zone and the nearby central Ultra low emmision zone. I think it'll just take one swipe of Mayor Sadiq Khan's pen which could be at any time, especialy after the election, to extend the ULZ right across London making the prospect of a petrol T6 very appealing and dropping the residuals of diesels around this part of the world significantly.

Ho hum, time to mark time methinks

Great forum BTW

Ha ha
:cool: Good on you, me jealousy us, pah!...but you can't just throw a pebble and watch for ripples, I need more info than that.

:geek: Is that when orders can be placed? Likely ETA? How does the purchase cost compare with a diesel? Whats the expected fuel consumption?

Come on fella, fess up, it your trade links that moved this on. ;)

:D :D:D

I would love petrol version especially with predicted plans to get diesels off the road!

Ha ha
:cool: Good on you, me jealousy us, pah!...but you can't just throw a pebble and watch for ripples, I need more info than that.

:geek: Is that when orders can be placed? Likely ETA? How does the purchase cost compare with a diesel? Whats the expected fuel consumption?

Come on fella, fess up, it your trade links that moved this on. ;)

:D :D:D

MY18 brings the petrol TSI to the Panel, kombi, shuttle and California from June 1st. The pricing and model availability will available soon. Not much more than that at present. Its exciting times ahead.

The petrol is by no means protected, even though it's hunting season for diesel. CO2 emissions are of global importance (more emission from petrol engine) NOx is primarly of local importance)

No fast cure l'm afraid!

Hmm, quite a conversation or too going on here.

Any hoo, a mate of mine has just taken delivery of a Golf GTE. 1.4 petrol hybrid thing that is ............bloody fantastic! I can't wait for the T6 version, which I can't see any reason for not being around the corner. Put the 2ltr TSI engine and a few electric motors in and away you go.
Yep, and you'll probably end up with a really good 4 motion system as part of the deal:):thumbsup::)

Ok, I accept that petrol is coming back, but what will happen to Co2 levels with all these under powered petrol engined vans revving their arses off to get along the roads? Yes, before you start, I know 200bhp is plenty of power , but NM is where its at with a van, and these TSI engines don't have many. And I don't want to go from 40mpg to 20mpg .

Ok, I accept that petrol is coming back, but what will happen to Co2 levels with all these under powered petrol engined vans revving their arses off to get along the roads? Yes, before you start, I know 200bhp is plenty of power , but NM is where its at with a van, and these TSI engines don't have many. And I don't want to go from 40mpg to 20mpg .
you wont need to go from 40mpg to 20mpg.......vw's figures for the petrol engine will be a work of fiction.....real world will be totally different! You can bet your boots it'll cost more than the diesel because they'll need to claw some money back for the emissions scandal.....not only that, they'll trade on the fact that everyone seems to be freaking out over diesel!!!

I believe it's the Ea888 engine in the T6 and I've yet to drive one. However this engine is hardly underpowered and certainly has lots of torque. In its other applications across the VW range, the power is so linear, you feel it's a bigger engine with no turbo charger. It's a cracking engine.

At present petrol it's self is cheaper so there will be savings to be had at the pump. But I'm sure that will change once they start selling more petrols that diesels!

Back