TSi MPG

Ok, so forget mpg as a term, but how about range? I need a minimum of 400 miles. I have colleagues with Teslas and their range is a joke in real life use. I need the vehicle to work 12 months of the year, I'd be happy with a hybrid, as long as it does the job I'm paying it to do.

Work just changed my little diesel van to a Nissan electric van.
90 miles max range. Turn aircon on or heating and it drops, drive on the motorway at 70 and it empties in no time.
I used to fill up with diesel once every month, now I’m charging up every other day.

It’s a nightmare...

I’ve decided the Petrol T6 is pretty good after all.
Although, this week I just went out and bought a 204tdi T6. So yeah, Petrol T6 didn’t quite convince me.

Work just changed my little diesel van to a Nissan electric van.
90 miles max range. Turn aircon on or heating and it drops, drive on the motorway at 70 and it empties in no time.
I used to fill up with diesel once every month, now I’m charging up every other day.

It’s a nightmare...

I’ve decided the Petrol T6 is pretty good after all.
Although, this week I just went out and bought a 204tdi T6. So yeah, Petrol T6 didn’t quite convince me.
I got the T6 150 dsg very happy with performance, fuel consumption varies, the build quality is amazing. Had well lost count how many new cars I have had over the years but hand on heart this T6 has been the best put together, panel alignment vehicle I have ever bought FACT, but it's all this negative press bull shit about every Diesel should be banned it will hurt used prices. God knows what can replace it electric surely can't as it is.

Does anyone know if the changes to private car mpg & emissions which comes into force in September and is expected to increase VED also includes light commercials. It sounds a bit grim now that real world fuel economy is being set against real world emissions, I wonder if that's the reason VW have withdrawn the petrol for now.

Does anyone know if the changes to private car mpg & emissions which comes into force in September and is expected to increase VED also includes light commercials. It sounds a bit grim now that real world fuel economy is being set against real world emissions, I wonder if that's the reason VW have withdrawn the petrol for now.

What’s the Co2 figures for petrol....???
:rofl:

I noticed Cali configurator only offers Diesel.

Quick mpg update, nipping between towns off the M62 this week.....38mpg, pulling a 1425kg caravan 100 miles along the M62 and up the M6.....24mpg. The mpg is improving as am beginning to understand the engine more, when to change for economy and when to ride the wave of torque and hp for acceleration, there is also a hint of two stroke in the mid range, yes really.

Quick mpg update, nipping between towns off the M62 this week.....38mpg, pulling a 1425kg caravan 100 miles along the M62 and up the M6.....24mpg. The mpg is improving as am beginning to understand the engine more, when to change for economy and when to ride the wave of torque and hp for acceleration, there is also a hint of two stroke in the mid range, yes really.
T6 Highline 150 dsg tdi my average high 30's low 40's total mileage 1,500

That's great but it's hampered by A) Being a diesel B) Having a DSG gearbox, both are timebombs which as a private owner I could not now live with. When DSG is working it's an acceptable alternative to a slushmatic but when it starts to go wrong.... out of warranty, run, run away.

This is merely my opinion formed from owning a VAG DSG diesel in the past which I sold a week outside it's warranty before I set it on fire and should not be taken as statistical advice about the early failure of DSG gearboxes in general.

That's great but it's hampered by A) Being a diesel B) Having a DSG gearbox, both are timebombs which as a private owner I could not now live with. When DSG is working it's an acceptable alternative to a slushmatic but when it starts to go wrong.... out of warranty, run, run away.

This is merely my opinion formed from owning a VAG DSG diesel in the past which I sold a week outside it's warranty before I set it on fire and should not be taken as statistical advice about the early failure of DSG gearboxes in general.
Oh dear, I have bought mine on a 3 year pcp and have no intention of keeping it and will be handing it back which has always been my idea.

Yes it does, when I bought my petrol 2 months back I was told that there where only 2 lwb vehicles in the country left, and no more would be coming into the country to Dec on (just in case they failed the new standards)

Hi does anyone know what turbo is fitted in the 204 tsi
It's a IHI jh5 same as on Golf 6 GTI, Audi A4 B8 211HP
On each platform the cold side housing have different shape to fit engine area architecture.

Their is lot of upgrade turbo for that.
- IHI JH5 hybride with B&W K04-64 compressor wheel. plug and play look like OEM turbo
-B&W KO4-64 from golf 6 R
- Turbozentrum hybride KO4/EFR 6758 can push 500HP

Well back from the vag show and the problem the tsi has moving on with stage 2 is no one wants to build a down pipe. I found a importer of mtm tuning of German to see if they make one or have one made . If I want to go stage3 the turbo is the easy part it’s the pipe from the air filter to the turbo it’s the opposite all other vw cars . What I got from the tuning company’s is we transporter owners are not in to tuning and that’s where we are at.

Well back from the vag show and the problem the tsi has moving on with stage 2 is no one wants to build a down pipe. I found a importer of mtm tuning of German to see if they make one or have one made . If I want to go stage3 the turbo is the easy part it’s the pipe from the air filter to the turbo it’s the opposite all other vw cars . What I got from the tuning company’s is we transporter owners are not in to tuning and that’s where we are at.

Not good, but I’m sure there are some guys the same as us, when I’m in Germany at the show end of August/Sept, I’ll have a look at their mags !

Back