TSi MPG

Has anyone bought one of the new Petrol engined T6 yet ?
I’ve had my Kombi tsi 150 manual for 2 weeks now , fantastic to drive in comparison to my previous 140 tdi , very quick in the lower gears though not yet tried with a heavy load , mpg on the dash is 25.4 with no difference between long journeys/ city driving & getting 370 miles on a full tank

I’ve had my Kombi tsi 150 manual for 2 weeks now , fantastic to drive in comparison to my previous 140 tdi , very quick in the lower gears though not yet tried with a heavy load , mpg on the dash is 25.4 with no difference between long journeys/ city driving & getting 370 miles on a full tank

I’ve just driven back up from Devon in heavy traffic rolling from between 0 mph up to 60 mph and then to stop and starting again and have returned 29.5 mpg in my Tsi 204, mine now has just over 5000 miles on the clock, and that is on the way back after collecting my van from having a full interior conversion including roof.
I’m really pleased after a lot of people stating that petrol would be rubbish, it just depends what your lifestyle dictates-and whether you are a diesel sniffer or a petrolhead.

But on a long run normally it will be running higher as long as I stick to the legal limits in Europe even with a load, but I certainly won’t be changing back to diesel thats for sure.

I have a Caravelle 150TSi and have just driven 150 miles north from outside Daventry with the 2 individual seats removed, 2 adults and 2 kids plus luggage. We stopped once at a service station, encountered stop-start traffic on the M1 due to a breakdown vehicle, and travelled between 50 and 7omph. The van did 34.7mpg door to door! :) It now has 2300 miles on the clock.

I have a Caravelle 150TSi and have just driven 150 miles north from outside Daventry with the 2 individual seats removed, 2 adults and 2 kids plus luggage. We stopped once at a service station, encountered stop-start traffic on the M1 due to a breakdown vehicle, and travelled between 50 and 7omph. The van did 34.7mpg door to door! :) It now has 2300 miles on the clock.
That's very livable for a medium sized van imo.:thumbsup:

@chriscroft I agree. A lot depends on speed. On a long run, I don't think it will do any more than 32mpg if you are running at 70mph. Drop the speed to 50mph and I reckon it will do over 36mpg. So 60 / 65 seems to be the sweet spot between speed and efficiency. I was doing 70mph where I could but there are a few 50mph sections on the M6 at the moment which helped the overall figure.

Hi all
I've had a 150 tsi manual now for about a month now and it is a quality van to drive well nippy all through the gears just run it up to the converters and showing 36.7 mpg on a 200 mile run thats running at 64mph so well pleased with that mixed road driving averaging 34ish
plus so quite compared to a diesel

That's really impressive @Bargy

Reckon you may see a slight drop after the conversion though... ;).

I'm waiting to see if anyone has successfully remapped a 150 yet. I'm very interested in this as would like a bit more oomph.

I'm waiting to see if anyone has successfully remapped a 150 yet. I'm very interested in this as would like a bit more oomph.

i agree i reckon the mpg will drop slightly with the extra weight for me this is like going back in time to when a diesel van was a rarity and most were petrol

I remapped mine, and think I wrote about it a few pages back. It was done by BSR that claims 250 hp. I haven't dynod it, but it is quite quick if I let the RPMs up. Better driveability due to the higher power down low but it's not until 3000 it really kicks in.

I remapped mine, and think I wrote about it a few pages back. It was done by BSR that claims 250 hp. I haven't dynod it, but it is quite quick if I let the RPMs up. Better driveability due to the higher power down low but it's not until 3000 it really kicks in.

Sorry Zam, I did read those posts but it was a while ago now and I'd completely forgotten about them! Was the remap worth doing? Has your fuel economy changed much? I had a look at the BSR website and notice they send you a device so you can do it yourself which seems a little unusual. Is this how you remapped yours? I would have thought a professional tune would be better?

Sorry Zam, I did read those posts but it was a while ago now and I'd completely forgotten about them! Was the remap worth doing? Has your fuel economy changed much? I had a look at the BSR website and notice they send you a device so you can do it yourself which seems a little unusual. Is this how you remapped yours? I would have thought a professional tune would be better?

Drop Bognor Motors a line, he is on this forum , he has a lot of VW vans all types and is a recognised REVO agent

Back