TSi MPG

I've personally not noticed it, but I always tend to ‘drive’ my vehicles so would always be in a higher gear. I’m away from work till the 15th, but when I’m back I’ll take an extended test drive in a 150tsi and report back. Just sounds like lack of torque, or a very New/tight engine. As we know these VW engines take a while to fully loosen.

I've personally not noticed it, but I always tend to ‘drive’ my vehicles so would always be in a higher gear. I’m away from work till the 15th, but when I’m back I’ll take an extended test drive in a 150tsi and report back. Just sounds like lack of torque, or a very New/tight engine. As we know these VW engines take a while to fully loosen.

Thank you for your response Oli. Very much appreciated. I look forward to reading your report. I imagine very few people get to drive so many different VW vans as you do.

Hi Oli. I don't know if the above is in response to a question I asked you about the T6 TSI 150 panel Van. If it is then I thank you very much for that.

In Parker's review of the T6 TSI 150, they mention an issue with the van shaking / resonating between 1400 rpm and 1500 rpm. Maxdefrost on this forum also mentions a shaking / resonance if you don't drop down to 5th below 60 mph, and 4th below 50 mph. Just wondering if this is something you have experienced, and if you think it is an issue at all. Or if it has been mentioned by any of your hire customers. Sorry for imposing on your time.

Hi Marg,
I must say in my 204 Tsi mine is a month old and has 1500 miles on the clock now it doesn’t have any issues of shaking/resonance at all.
I run it every day on various journeys from very short to the longest being up to Cheshire and back and will be driving down to Portugal in a week so will see if it occurs then but so far all good and getting better.

Simply put I found you needed to be in the right gear. Wrong gear for speed and and it didn’t like it!

Thank you all very much for helping to clarify that vibration issue raised by Parkers. I'd like to say more but have to go now.

will be driving down to Portugal in a week so will see if it occurs then but so far all good and getting better.

Thank you Caulkhead. That is quite a drive you have ahead of you. I imagine you are glad to have such a great vehicle to do it in. Looking forward to hearing from you when you get back. Good luck :thumbsup:

We run a few on our fleet now. Around town the fuel economy is average at best. On a run, 30MPG is achievable, which in my opinion is decent enough. But the way it drives, the smoothness, power delivery and noise are great, so much so I've just ordered a fully spec’d Mojave Beige one, to run for a while. I was holding out for 4motion, but VW are still insisting that isn’t coming yet......
Looking forward to seeing/reading about this one; will you be pimping it a little;)

HI Chris

Yes of course, plans at present are along the following lines;

Caravelle grille and lower trim
Sportline front spoiler, with the larger DRL grilles fitted to help the jimmy hill look - We are warming to the Sportline front end now
Square sidebars
Rear Sportline spoiler
Bilstein and H&R ARB’s
20’s - TBC
Leather - Brown or maybe navy
rear speakers
Interior LED’s
Sound deadening
USB points
Under seat sub

Looking forward to working with Mojave,as you know its an amazing colour, with very few on the road.

From the TSI pictures i've seen, it looks like the ride height is higher than my T32 TDI ? Maybe the engine is lighter ?

I was getting around the 390miles to a tankful of petrol in the UK, after a day leaving the UK, I was driving up through the Cordillero de Cantabria which lie the Spanish side of San Sebastian going south , so a lot of climbing up to 4000 feet driving at 130/80 mph, as long as I had a continous run withought any vehicles pulling out it was fine in 7th but if you dropped below that then it started to drag and you needed to be in 6th, so rather than wait I changed down to 6th sooner rather than later, that days run was from Biarritz down to Merida in Spain,each time a tankful of petrol was 415 miles so not massive difference in consumption from running around, but at much higher speed.
The next day was running down from Merida to sea level down past Seville , Huelva and along to Alvor by Portimao and that produced 460 miles to a tankful, at slightly different speeds mainly on cruise control at 120/75 mph, so I’m really pleased with it.
You have to remember mine is not fitted out yet ,so a 204dsg kombi not fitted out, but carrying around 80 kilos of goods plus two big adults and a dog.
Just an idea of what they are like on a long run, mine has just under 3000 miles on the clock.

Back