TSi MPG

AFAIK its only caravelles on the continent, there was talking of bringing an TSI to the UK but think thats been scrapped now

I think VW will need to rethink this pretty quickly.
Some cities are already introducing "diesel free" areas and it's only going to increase. Some small businesses may need to run petrol vehicles in order to get access to their premises or customers.

I think VW will need to rethink this pretty quickly.
Some cities are already introducing "diesel free" areas and it's only going to increase. Some small businesses may need to run petrol vehicles in order to get access to their premises or customers.

If a petrol T6 had been available I would have very seriously considered it. As you've pointed out I think the tide is going to turn against diesel. Makes me wonder if my plan to run my T6 for a very long time is going to be viable.

Just read in the VWt March edition in the buyers guide section they have as part of the engines available that in the Caravelle & California vans that one of the options is to have the option of a 204 bhp TSI (1984cc) turbo petrol engine, so is this correct ?

Interested before I buy

Why would you not buy another VW ?........ and if not what van would you buy ?
Interesting

I have not quite enjoyed the T6 as much as I thought, I have had VW and Audi before and was pleased with them, but this T6 has nothing like the build Quality, definitely no premium feel to it, in fact I will say its piss poor for the price! its the little things I notice like... loose and rattling tailgate + sliding door loose/rattle +Paint finish is poor + cheap and nasty hard dash plastics that keep creaking and buzzing + couple of clips in engine bay not fitted correctly + engine cover missing + knocking noise from rear n/s + both front seats creaking! + constant Dpf regen every 80 miles + headlights that are so crap they are next to useless! I spent £36k+ on this Kombi to be put together by monkeys! Dealer says it's only a van! Anyway it looks like I am stuck with it now, local dealer said he has more than a few customers to call when a petrol model comes out, all waiting to get rid of the diesels, this is bound to have a massive effect on the px prices.

I have not quite enjoyed the T6 as much as I thought, I have had VW and Audi before and was pleased with them, but this T6 has nothing like the build Quality, definitely no premium feel to it, in fact I will say its piss poor for the price! its the little things I notice like... loose and rattling tailgate + sliding door loose/rattle +Paint finish is poor + cheap and nasty hard dash plastics that keep creaking and buzzing + couple of clips in engine bay not fitted correctly + engine cover missing + knocking noise from rear n/s + both front seats creaking! + constant Dpf regen every 80 miles + headlights that are so crap they are next to useless! I spent £36k+ on this Kombi to be put together by monkeys! Dealer says it's only a van! Anyway it looks like I am stuck with it now, local dealer said he has more than a few customers to call when a petrol model comes out, all waiting to get rid of the diesels, this is bound to have a massive effect on the px prices.

Pretty much sums up the thoughts on mine. Certainly nicer place to be than my old trafics but nowhere what I thought it would be given the cost. I'm only glad mine is company and not paid for myself.

I take it you came from having a car? If you were expecting a van to be like a car then I am not surprised you are disappointed. I went from a Porsche Cayenne to my T6 but had set my expectations accordingly, and I am pretty pleased with it. It may be £36k but its physically significantly bigger than a full sized SUV and designed to do 200k+ miles with a fair amount of abuse without blinking. That's the trade-off for not having all the SUV home comforts, sophistication, and a service life of around 80k miles before it gets expensive to fix. Yeah the base lights are crap, but that's unfortunately a missed tick on the options list, and from other threads on here it sounds like crap lights are standard on all vans, not just the T6

Our Cali is a big step up from our old one; way better dash, a roof that's actually waterproof, more bash protection underneath, better interior lighting and so on.

We run a decent BM and a Subaru; the Cali easily keeps up with both on fit and finish.

You can't honestly be comparing a van spec T6 against an Audi car? The T6 is probably the best van in the world, but not a car.
I have a T6 Vel Exec with many extras and it is superb in every way; and a lot different to a van specked T6. Other than engine options, I would have my Vel Exec over an Audi Q7 every day of the week........ just my opinion:thumbsup:

Last edited:
You can't be honestly be comparing a van spec T6 against an Audi car? The T6 is probably the best van in the world, but not a car.
I have a T6 Vel Exec with many extras and it is superb in every way; and a lot different to a van specked T6. Other than engine options, I would have my Vel Exec over an Audi Q7 every day of the week........ just my opinion:thumbsup:
I consider a 204 4motion T6 to be an SUV without the image problem. Which suits me fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Take this with a pinch of salt as it was tol to me by the JCB sittingbourne saleasman, they accidentally pre ordered 50 petrol versions of the t6 in panel van and kombi form, auto and manual 204ps.

Apparently they were due to order the same vehicles in 204 diesel but ticked the wrong box!!!! This only came into conversation as I was moaning about the adblue and dpf requirements the diesel models have, if all is to be believed the first models should be arriving in time for the new registrations.

Before you ask, I did ask if I could amend one and have it built to my spec? Left my details and offered a deposit, strangely they have not rung back yet!!!!! At the time he did point out they were trying to amend the order and change them for diesels as the petrol caddy sales were not great

You can't be honestly be comparing a van spec T6 against an Audi car? The T6 is probably the best van in the world, but not a car.
+1 here took the words right out of my mouth, we could all buy a lot of car with the price of these vans but it's a different world and a better one and so btw is this forum!

Back