Perseid Meteor Shower

Ghost

T6 Guru
The Perseid meteor shower peaks this weekend, although the weather don’t look favourable you maybe lucky and have clear skies?
If you away from bright street lights, (the less light pollution the better) you should be rewarded with a fantastic meteor shower.

You could see a good show as early as 10 pm, but best viewing is predawn.

The Leonid Meteor shower peaks this weekend!

It’s not looking very clear over the UK tonight, but forecast much better for tomorrow.

Earth will pass through the thickest part of the Leonid swarm at 7 pm on Nov. 17, the best time to look will be during the after-midnight hours of Sunday morning.

So if you are outside, look up, you may see a fantastic show!

It's really dark where we're staying at the moment and I didn't think it was going to be any good as we had some early fog then some cloud but by half 10 it had all cleared so I turned off the outside lights on the property and had a lovely clear sky.
Saw quite a good flurry for about 20 minutes and then it seemed to stop and I got bored and reached for my large bins had spent a while scanning some of the consolations and found a couple of nebula which were really interesting. I also saw a small flickering red giant and using the starwalk app meant it was easy to identify it as Mentar(I think) .

Last edited:
Fantastic @Loz :thumbsup:
I had a good 30 min period of activity before bed was calling :)
Hopefully clear skies tonight.

Keep an eye out for passing satellites.
They will be like busses..
when you fined one going over, you will see lots of them.

Keep an eye out for passing satellites.
Indeed, I am a seasoned stargazer, It's what I spend most of my evenings doing when we're in the desert.. where the sky is actually grey not black :)

This was out best sky site ever.
In an old WW2 FFL Fort On the Plateau near Ain Bni Mathar عين بني مطهر Morocco
upload_2019-1-4_17-52-55.png IMG_0714.jpg IMG_0707.jpg

Back