PDC display lingering after removing from reverse gear.

Mike T6.1

Hello, hope I'm posting in the correct part of the forum as completely new to the forum.

I've had my lovely T6.1 Kombi Highline for about 8 weeks & truly loving the whole van feel & look.

Last week I noticed that my factory fitted front & rear parking sensors have started to do something odd.

You put the vehicle into reverse gear & the media unit springs to live showing the van & the closing in guide bars, also the beeps start.

Once parked up correctly you put the vehicle into neutral & the media normally goes off & the beeping sound stops. Issue is my system does not do this now but just keeps on going until I either press the little x icon on the media screen, or use the button on the dashboard.

Has anyone come across this type of issue before, can it be fixed to go back to how it worked ?

Thank you in advance for any pointers.

Mike

Has the van had a low battery voltage recently? I had something similar with another VAG vehicle recently and the fix was to connect to VCDS and reload the coding for the affected module.

The reversing sensor display on our Trendline T6 does not go off until you engage 1st gear and move forward.

Pete

The reversing sensor display on our Trendline T6 does not go off until you engage 1st gear and move forward.

Pete
Same as the one on mine. It’ll continue beeping and showing the distance until you move off. If I’m leaving the engine running, I hit the mute button.

Perfectly normal. :thumbsup:

Good morning everyone, thank you for your replies. I must say I feel rather silly now because you are correct, the system is acting normally, issue is with the driver....lol.

Wife said to me after I posted my question have I read what the VW handbook had to say on the operation of the sensors.

After a long pause she said you've not read it have you......umm do I feel sheepish now.

After reading the handbook, or should I say guide for idiots. The system is behaving quite normally, it also said once in a forward gear & the speed reaches 9mph it will automatically cancel. I have to say this is what I must have noticed & not when it came out of reverse gear.

So newbie stupid, Kombi 1.

Really sorry for my stupid question, still loving the van, really excited with the fun we will have once our camper conversion is carried out.

Thank all,
Mike

Easily done! At least there’s a mute button on the T6. My BMW doesn’t cancel until you move off, like the T6, but will continue to beep like crazy, and there’s no way to mute it. If you park up but want to keep the engine on, you have to stop and restart or it drives you crazy.

Back