Passenger Side Leak

Alan Croft

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi all.

found my van has developed a leak on the passenger side the floor at the front near the door is a bit wet. Also found an occasion when the little storage hole in the dash had water in it. Am wondering if my roof bars have suddenly developed a leak? They have been fine since fitting. Can’t really think of anything else as the door seals look ok with no nicks etc? Is there anywhere else that it could be leaking from. Reet pain

ta for any pointers

Got a few pics of the water leaks and spots...

Will help identify

Sounds like your roof bars fella, it’s probably running down the A pillar into the footwell had the same same problem would never fit roof bars again.

Got a few pics of the water leaks and spots...

Will help identify
Difficult as I don’t know where it is leaking from? I put some sealant in the roof bar hole when I fitted them but perhaps not enough the carpet is wet around the inner wheel arch though

I’m not a great believer in silicone sealant in this application.
Dowty bonded seals (DBS) might be a better solution, place under the screw / bolt head or / and under a blind nut. These are available in BZP finish or 316 stainless steel.
FB235BC0-95E6-4D8D-BE63-AD61401F8A4F.jpeg

We use Bonded Seal washers for sealing leaks on junctions between diesel hoses, 10 bar pressure. They are not cheap but always do the trick, would highly recommend.

Back