passenger door wont open

Noakes

VIP Member
Now my passenger door wont open from the inside, central locking works as does the handle on the outside but the internal handle wont open the door?! anyone else had this issue and know the reason, im hoping its just a linkage issue.

The control cable has probably become detached from the back of the handle. If you remove the door card you’ll be able to see

The control cable has probably become detached from the back of the handle. If you remove the door card you’ll be able to see
Cheers, my t6 is gonna be in so many bits I’m thinking I might as well start the conversions

My 69 plate T6.1 had the same issue. Something to do with a current recall on Bowden cables apparently. The door lock doesn’t re-engage the Bowden cable to the inner lock when coming out of safe lock. (Safe lock disengages the inner handle to prevent someone putting a wire in to hook the handle) Stealer did a warranty repair but says the recall is still awaiting some “special” grease from VW and will have to go back in at some point?

My 69 plate T6.1 had the same issue. Something to do with a current recall on Bowden cables apparently. The door lock doesn’t re-engage the Bowden cable to the inner lock when coming out of safe lock. (Safe lock disengages the inner handle to prevent someone putting a wire in to hook the handle) Stealer did a warranty repair but says the recall is still awaiting some “special” grease from VW and will have to go back in at some point?
Special grease, why don’t they just tell the truth, and say you’re going to need to come back so we can fix it correctly.

Back