Passenger Door mirror damage

Rossi17

Hi,
Just seeing if anyone has come across having their door mirror hit, parked my van up today on a side road at my mates house for a barbecue, on way home driving noticed my passenger door mirror was showing downwards slightly thinking I hadn’t moved it. Got home looked at it from the outside and you could see that a driver had clipped it, not bad because it never cracked or badly marked the casing. But I noticed it wasn’t sitting right F54DF517-527E-41F4-80E4-20201B7B2345.jpeg
And this is the drivers side7191AB7A-DBB7-4073-A5AD-94F447191A0E.jpeg
Any ideas of getting it back seated properly?
Also I’m more mad at myself because my mirrors are electric fold

I have the same issue with my drivers side mirror. Have taken it apart several times and it just won’t go back to where it should be.

Have you made sure all the clips have latched, it may need squeezing a bit more, once you've established none are broken. If any clips are broken it will be loose like that

Have you made sure all the clips have latched, it may need squeezing a bit more, once you've established none are broken. If any clips are broken it will be loose like that
The photo above looks the same as my issue, and it is not related at all to the clips that hold the coloured shell to the frame. It is the metal work (pivot) that appears to have somehow been strained.

Hi
Thanks for the replies, I can't have a look at it properly until the weekend as i'm not at home at the mo, I think i'm with DaveyB thinking its the actual metal holding bracket which has bent a bit, i've been looking at videos and the brackets are quite cheap but very time consuming fitting the new one.

Back